Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Travel from Brazil to the UK (England)
  • tails
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I can get clarification, as this https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/brazil is different to yesterday’s news.

My MIL will be travelling on Tuesday from São Paulo to Madrid to Heathrow. , providing her COVID test is negative on Sunday. Obviously don’t want her to fly if she is to get stopped at the border.

Not sure where to get current information.

Cheers

wbo
    Free Member

That is the current information. Did you read the summary further down the page?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d be contacting the authorities both here and in Brasil (UK consulate) tbh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    revs1972
    Free Member

From 4am on 15 January, direct flights from Brazil to the UK are prohibited. Visitors who have been in or transited through Brazil in the previous 10 days cannot enter the UK. British and Irish nationals, and third country nationals with residence rights in the UK arriving in the UK from Brazil will need to self-isolate along with their households on their return.

Pretty clear . If she has residence rights , then she can come in. if not, then she can’t

tails
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll advise my wife. Having a nightmare direct flights cancelled twice by carrier now bojo shuts the boarder. Better she doesn’t have to sit in a terminal for 2 days.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

About bloody time (well, actually too **** late) that the border was closed.

crikey
    Free Member

You’re trying valiantly to get your MIL here?

Sure you are, suuuuuuuuuuure you are.

🙂

tails
    Free Member

You’re trying valiantly to get your MIL here?

Sure you are, suuuuuuuuuuure you are.

Haha! She’s a great cook and fun enough as she’s so house proud that when you find a fault she starts panicking.

About bloody time (well, actually too **** late) that the border was closed.

Should have probably done that to China in 2019, but understandable with brexit that we don’t upset them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Travel from Brazil to the UK (England)’ is closed to new replies.