Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Travel bt High St Kensington to Charing Cross
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

I’m staying in Kensington for a course in central London next month. What’s the cheapest tube fare option for peak time travel over 2 mornings and one evening? Travel card or oyster (I’ve got an oyster card from 2000s but not sure if itd still work or contain credit).

Bus or boriswankerbike an option?

Thanks

seabadger

From Kensington Boris bike would be cycle path through parks almost all the way so not too life threatening: Kensington Gardens > Hyde Park > Hyde Pk Corner > Green Park > The Mall > Charing X. Preferable to tube..

Twodogs

you don’t need travel card or oyster…just use a contactless card

molgrips
    Free Member

AIUI now you just beep your way in and out of the gates with your debit card and it automatically calculates the cheapest fare applicable to whatever you’ve done that day. I know people complain about TfL but that is brilliant.

I’d bike it though, as I intend to next week as I’m also down.

superleggero
    Free Member

If you prefer to go by bus then the number 9 (to Aldwych) can be picked up on Kensington High Street and goes to Charing Cross Station.

+1 for contactless card.

mrsheen
    Free Member

Great thanks. I’ll pray for fine weather and a boris bike.

Are they alright to ride? Is there anything tricky about getting and returning them to a docking station?

senorj

Definitely go to Stick& bowl on Ken.H st.
    Winner , winner, stir-fried dinner. 🙂

scuttler

Google Maps works well for public transport (train and tube) in London. You get to see things from the bus too. For hyper-efficient tube travel get the Tube Exits app http://www.tubeexits.co.uk/

aP
    Free Member

Citymapper app is good.
    From High St Ken to CharingX is 3 miles so an easy cycle, an hour’s walk, a 20 minute bus ride or 15 minutes on the Circle line.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d try and walk it at least once. It’s a nice city walk in parks and past some nice touristy bits. Easy to tweak the route and see more. Bus is better than the tube imo as you’ll get to see things. If you want to bike it then there quite a few different schemes running in London including e bikes and Bromptons.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also worth considering https://www.bromptonbikehire.com/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Travel bt High St Kensington to Charing Cross’ is closed to new replies.