Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Travel advice needed…Yorkshire to Pembrokeshire……
  • BFITH
    Free Member

So were off to St Davids in August. Wife and kids going without me (I’ll be on a stag do in Budapest! :D) I intend to join them on my return. Looked into train travel which will cost me £138! Coach comes in at about £80 but takes about 13 hours (missing a whole day of my hols!). Didn’t want to take another car down (Extra 500 miles worth of petrol).
    Any body got any clever ideas about how to get there a bit cheaper????

globalti
    Free Member

Fly back from Budapest to Cardiff instead of Leeds?

BFITH
    Free Member

Good idea, but flights are already booked…..

woody2000

Change your return flight from Budapest, land somewhere closer & get them to pick you up from there? Or the same but get public transport from the airport?

BFITH
    Free Member

Just had a look at jet2 site…they only fly into Manchester, Leeds Bradford or Edinburgh from Budapest…..grrrr

allthegear
    Free Member

Ride your bike? Probably only need a couple of nights to get there and it’s part of the holiday.

Rachel

woody2000

I can see tickets to Cardiff from Leeds for £38 on thetrainline.com…..

BFITH
    Free Member

Ride your bike? Probably only need a couple of nights to get there and it’s part of the holiday.

Rachel

mmm….nice idea, but that would definitely finish me off after 3 nights in Budapest 😯

BFITH
    Free Member

Cardiff is still a long way from St Davids and I have to get to leeds too…..

I tried Halifax to Haverfordwest (nearest stations at each end)

woody2000

Travel to Aberystwyth by train (£65 from fax), then ride the rest of the way (or ride somewhere nearer so the missus can pick you up)?

BFITH
    Free Member

Managed to find train ticket from leeds to haverfordwest for £29!! (i’ll get the old man to take me to leeds and the wife to pick me up at the other end!!) Job done….Thanks chaps….

cloudnine
    Free Member

Try getting the train to either whitland, carmarthen or swansea as you can get picked up from there and get a quicker option with less changes.

br
    Free Member

Says the man that’s no idea how far it is from Cardiff to Penbrokeshire…

woody2000

I was trying to be helpful. You? 🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Travel advice needed…Yorkshire to Pembrokeshire……’ is closed to new replies.