• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by mert.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trash Free Trails: One Bag Challenge
  • stwhannah

Trash Free Trails launches Spring Trail Clean with a ‘One Bag Challenge’ to riders, runners and roamers alike. Here’s the full press release from Tras …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Trash Free Trails: One Bag Challenge

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

kayak23

Brilliant.
    As the article says, it can be truly demoralizing when you see litter return where you’ve picked, but what choice is there other than to keep fighting it?

I’m planning a solid pick on a stretch of the Grand Union Canal where I commute, only I’ll be in my canoe.
    I’ll do the towpath on my way to work too.
    🤘😊🤘

RustyNissanPrairie

@stwhannah

I litter pick 4 or 5 times per week when on my morning walk with Bert – its pointless tutting about litter I might as well pick it up whilst being out with the dog and hopefully people see that its volunteers/members of the public clearing up litter rather than the ‘it keeps people in a job’ narrative.
    Im going to post a pic on the following thread every time we drop a green bag off at a council bin – hopefully it inspires other people and especially dog walkers to do the same

Spring clean

kayak23

Had a great day today doing a litter pick on some local waterways from the canoe.
    @trashfreetrails

Quite lucky where I am in that you can actually paddle a loop using two rivers and the Canal to get back to the start.

Managed to bag quite a lot, though some plastic is just so tangled up in trees from high water that it’s incredibly difficult to untangle.

Our first drop

Started and finished at my allotment shed.

RustyNissanPrairie

👍 doggo looks like it’s had a great day out as well!

RustyNissanPrairie

stone the crows!
    2bins raided in local park both tidied and a full bag of litter collected and left at nearby bus stop council bin.

RustyNissanPrairie

Another 3 bins raided by fox/crows/dog poo fetist. Tidied up and a bag of litter left at usual council bin.

Anyone else litter picking?
    1283-FC7-B-57-F2-4343-BE8-B-DEFB93-A4-F654
    8895-DEF4-E51-B-4513-9173-A3-CA7-F59-D07-E
    555-EEC1-E-8249-4774-8-EC4-F33-E4-EBECFF3
    018-C136-A-89-D7-49-E2-8-F3-D-4-C5838309-F12

mert
    Free Member

This is an initiative that started over here.
    They do three or four runs a week in the nearest town.

https://www.goplogging.org/welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trash Free Trails: One Bag Challenge’ is closed to new replies.