Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trapped nerve in back – any suggestions?
  • 40mpg

Out riding yesterday, on the way to meet up with mates for a roll around the Forest and sit in the sunshine in a pub garden.

Coasting along a gravel track, twisted to my left a little bit and felt a twinge in my lower left back, thought it would go away but it wouldn’t. Very painful ride home, and now laid up and full of painkillers.

I know they say to keep moving, but while I’m still it’s just sore. Getting up or down sends extreme spasms of pain in my lower back.

Any suggestions to help fix it? Worth seeing anyone, osteopath or similar?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I’ve had a very painful sore back the last few days, no medical knowledge whatsoever but hot showers, hanging onto a tree branch and using my body weight to stretch it out, and sitting with my back straight in an upright office chair is what’s working for me at the moment..

yunki
    Free Member

I trapped a nerve in my shoulder last year..

It was grim and I puked from the pain a few times.. IV tramadol in a portuguese emergency room took the edge off for an hour or two, but the pain was more persistant than a fracture and the tingling from the nerve endings in my thumb and fingers was weird..

Physio sorted it out in less than an hour after six weeks on hard core opiate painkillers

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Pain killers and anti inflamms is what my non-medical training, but experience, says.
    Get proper diagnosis and treatment. Internet doctors like myself have no insurance and will accept no liability.
    Talking to a physio might be worth a punt too.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Possible slipped disk. Recommend trip to GP to ask for an MRI (or go privately for an MRI).

Also Osteopaths can be useful (better than physios in my experience).

And search STW for “Sciatica driving me mad” – there is some good advice in there.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“I trapped a nerve in my shoulder last year..”

Similar happened to me, a few months ago. Had to visit an A+E in another city, as it was simply unbearable. Yours sounds much more painful though, I was only given Cocodamol. Went to see a sadistic psycho osteopath the day after I got back home, and the pain eased up considerably within just a couple of days. Went to see an NHS physio, and he gave me a bit of rubber band stuff and a list of exercises, but for some reason there was no follow up, and the pain returns every now and then (although not as bad). Been referred again, so will hopefully get it checked more thoroughly.

OP- be sure and get it checked out properly, as it may be a symptom of an underlying issue, which will need to be sorted out properly if you are to make a proper recovery.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trapped nerve in back – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.