Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Transvesubienne
  • njee20
    Free Member

That’s a bit of a shame really, as the stuff in the video looks great! If crazy technical bits are part of the challenge why have a promo video that just shows riding!?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The end bit was definitely the worst. The bit of the gorge was stupid and I was stuck there for several minutes trying to work out how to get myself and bike across. It was a bit like the Krypton Factor!

The section to Madone had 2 lines, right? One zig zag that was partly fine to ride and the straight line.

njee20… they are hardly going to show a 5 minute video of people walking! 😉
    Crazy technical bits are what its all about, either up or down.

njee20
    Free Member

njee20… they are hardly going to show a 5 minute video of people walking!

Well obviously! But if it’s an inherent part of the event it would be good to reflect it. Or at least show some of the really really tough stuff! That video makes me think I could do it, and I can’t ride for shit!

timb34
    Free Member

To be fair, the video of last year does show a bit more walking, but also a lot more riding and a LOT more sunshine:

http://www.zapiks.fr/transvesubienne-2012.html

juan
    Free Member

Well last year race was a lot longer too so no point in comparing the two editions. And as I said I said rideable. And I have ridden them, not during the race but I did ride them. Njee best to settle this will be to race the same race next year

njee20
    Free Member

Why? I’m not calling the leaders into question. What will that settle? I imagine I’d be quicker than you and slower than Matt, as I suspect my fitness would help me more than technical ability. Doesn’t really settle anything though.

juan
    Free Member

What will that settle?

That you think you’ll be faster 😉 and possibly the fact that actually most of it is rideable as well.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Well last year race was a lot longer too so no point in comparing the two editions.

Define “a lot longer”?
    One of the top riders from 2012 clocked 81km, which is actually less than this year.

I know the route was slightly modified because of the weather, essentially staying lower down but I was under the impression the distance was pretty similar.

I’d like to go back, change a few things I did and more than anything else, be prepared for lots of walking. And grow a bigger pair of balls!

gee
    Free Member

Matt has had lots of practice at pushing his bike though – all those 24hr solos at Eastnor and Catton… Personally I’d rather a bike riding race than a bike pushing race. There is a fine line between ‘technical’ and ‘impossible’.

GB

juan
    Free Member

Basically race was changed from last year after pont de cros.
    Last year once at levens tip we had to pedal up toward the col du dragon going along parts of the enduro and then up along the main stream to get to the paking de chasseur and go back up to colla bassa, before going down to plan d’ariou. It was not much longer lenght wise it had just more meters up.

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t really understand your obsession with this race! Who drew a comparison to last year? Other than comments that the weather was better last year, which seems to be a fact, why do you feel the need to justify it?

That you think you’ll be faster and possibly the fact that actually most of it is rideable as well.

I know you’re desperate to prove that, but this doesn’t really seem to be the race – a gravity enduro in the UK would probably be a better chance frankly.

puffnutts
    Free Member

Juan makes a really good Spanish Omelette. Fact.

andrewh
    Free Member

there won’t be any walking if you’re good

I agree, there will be no walking if you’re good.
    The fast guys will be running, not walking! That’s how they win…
    Seriously though, a lot of the sections I walked was because everyone else was walking, one person stops and 279 other people stop too because there is nowhere to go.
    I did a lot of walking, it oculd have been a little less if it weren’t for the crowds but not a lot less.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Transvesubienne’ is closed to new replies.