Transporting bikes in a T6

Home Forum Bike Forum Transporting bikes in a T6

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transporting bikes in a T6
  • Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

buy the £600 VW rack and put them on the back. 😀

Premier Icon allfankledup
    Subscriber

Depends on size/number of bikes – as per both above – If no other clutter to carry then I’ll bungee them to the rear headrests, occasionally use a side strap to hold them to the wall.
    For bigger journeys with more people and clutter I’ll stick them on a towball carrier (Atera Strada)

legend

I have just been using bungees etc and latching them onto the rear headrests

This is what i’ve been doing for years. zero faff, crack on.

Premier Icon Furious
    Subscriber

A friend of mine has one of these secured to the floor fixing points at the rear of the vehicle. Different mounts mean different forks can be mounted.

slowclimb

I have just got a lovely new VW T6 – SWB Kombi, cliche I know but I do love it..
    However my question for the Singletrack massive is what is the best way to transport bikes in the back? I have just been using bungees etc and latching them onto the rear headrests or latching points but I do like things done properly and feel there must be a more pro way of doing it…ideas?

I’m the same with the bungees in the back if it’s one or two bikes

We are taking 4 bikes to the alps in my t5 shortly. Front wheels and pedals off with sheets in between the bikes. And then all our gear chucked on top

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.