Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transporting bikes in a T6
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

I have just got a lovely new VW T6 – SWB Kombi, cliche I know but I do love it..
    However my question for the Singletrack massive is what is the best way to transport bikes in the back? I have just been using bungees etc and latching them onto the rear headrests or latching points but I do like things done properly and feel there must be a more pro way of doing it…ideas?

jam-bo

buy the £600 VW rack and put them on the back. 😀

allfankledup

Depends on size/number of bikes – as per both above – If no other clutter to carry then I’ll bungee them to the rear headrests, occasionally use a side strap to hold them to the wall.
    For bigger journeys with more people and clutter I’ll stick them on a towball carrier (Atera Strada)

legend
    Free Member

I have just been using bungees etc and latching them onto the rear headrests

This is what i’ve been doing for years. zero faff, crack on.

Furious

A friend of mine has one of these secured to the floor fixing points at the rear of the vehicle. Different mounts mean different forks can be mounted.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

I’m the same with the bungees in the back if it’s one or two bikes

We are taking 4 bikes to the alps in my t5 shortly. Front wheels and pedals off with sheets in between the bikes. And then all our gear chucked on top

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transporting bikes in a T6’ is closed to new replies.