Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Transporting a slug?
  • Euro
    Free Member

It’s a biggie and every night at around 10.45 it slides up my shed to moonbathe. I was going to do something cruel and fun to it (involving a catapult and salted peanuts) but a friend has a little boy who collects slugs so i’d thought it would make a nice present for him.

It’ll be about 18 hours from capture until it’s released into it’s new home. Any ideas on how to do it? Darken lunchbox with a bit of veg was my first thought but no idea if this would work. Do they need water or air holes? Any ideas welcome.

alfabus
    Free Member

they particularly enjoy beer, or a salt rich environment.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Find a Tesco 24 hour and leave it in the salad crèche till yo can pick it up again.

ononeorange

Large buckets full of salt, a hammer and blow torch needed as a minimum. Although that would be too good for it.

st

One of those plastic takeaway containers with holes punched in the lid. Damp soil and a lump of cucumber or something similar. We’re raising 3 newly hatched Giant African Land Snails that way and 3 adults in up scaled versions of the same.

banks
    Free Member

Ground up fire lighers with salt, then torch it!

solarpowered
    Free Member

Are you allowed to give kids ‘glass’ jars these days??? If so why not plop it in a jam jar with a few leaves? If its a biggie hell be dead chuffed to show it off to his friends!
    Bear in mind though, if you have to pick it up…. Make your fingers are wet first (oh god, here come the funnies…!) it’ll help you let go of the bloody thing when you want to get it off your fingers 😆
    Even I can’t help but go fnarrrr fnarrr with that and I wrote it!!!!

ononeorange

Banks plus 1. With extra dynamite to be sure.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

a little boy who collects slugs

Pleased he’s not mine. 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Transporting a slug?’ is closed to new replies.