Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Translation help!
  • DezB
    Free Member

Help me translate the English translation of the chinese instructions for my new (teeny weeny) sports cam!
    It’s a little cube, with just 2 buttons. Power and Mode. And 1 single LED with red /blue light.

720p video not flash:

Click ON OFF button to boot, boot blue light normally ON, click ON the switch machine, under the blue lights flash 3 out of 720p video, video process lamp don’t suggest, a segmented automatically save 5 minutes continuous video, cycle cover.
    Click the switch button again to stop video, back to the blue light normally ON standby mode

1080 p video not flash:
    Boot blue light long on standby mode, press the mode button, red and blue lights long for 1080p video mode, click the switch machine button once again, blue lights out under the red light flashing on the long 3, 5 minutes for 1080p video a piecewise continuous recording save automatically, cycle cover.
    Click the switch machine again to stop video, go back to the standby mode.

By the “Switch” button, do you think they mean the Power or the Mode? and should I see a light (colour?) while it’s filming?
    What reckon person Forum Singletrack user mode clever suggests?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My hovercraft is full of eels.

johnx2
    Free Member

just looks like the instructions for most things tbh. This is why I never look at them.

DezB
    Free Member

I love that this place is so goddam helpful! How can operation of unexpected equipment use, if instructions seen my eye never?

hols2
    Free Member

I think I had the same cam. Do you have to manually edit a text file to change settings? Don’t worry, it’ll stop working in a couple of months.

Greybeard
    Free Member

My guesses, not all of which make sense and all of which could be wrong – but should be easy to test, assuming you know how to access whatever it’s recorded:

Switch means Power (because mode is called mode)

Blue light means powered on but not running.

Press mode to start recoding in 720p, blue light flashes 3 times then goes off. OR Long press mode for 1080p, blue and red flash alternately 3 times then go off.

Records in 5 minute chunks with no gaps.

Power off when you’ve finished recording.

DezB
    Free Member

think I had the same cam. Do you have to manually edit a text file to change settings? Don’t worry, it’ll stop working in a couple of months

Editing the text file is the same on many cheap cams. Not had one fail yet (worst was an expensive Shimano one, where the battery just ran down to about 10 mins usage and though it was replaceable, they never sold replacements!) This one looks like a baby Polaroid Cube. It was £6, so don’t really care if it dies, it was just to try out.

Thanks Greybeard! I’ve realised I can try it plugged into the TV, so should be able to establish the functions like that 🙂

johnx2
    Free Member

okay, the original seems pretty straightforward:

720p視頻不閃爍:

單擊“開”,“關”按鈕進行啟動,啟動藍燈通常為“開”,在開關機上單擊“開”,在藍燈下閃爍720p視頻中的3個,視頻處理燈不提示,分段自動保存5分鐘連續視頻,循環覆蓋。
    再次單擊切換按鈕以停止視頻,然後返回藍燈,通常處於待機狀態

1080 p視頻不閃光:
    在待機模式下啟動藍燈長按,模式按鈕,紅色和藍色燈長用於1080p視頻模式,再次單擊切換機按鈕,藍燈熄滅,紅燈下閃爍3、5分鐘,用於1080p視頻a 分段連續記錄自動保存,循環覆蓋。
    再次單擊切換機以停止視頻,然後返回待機模式。

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, already got that. Didn’t help 🙂

Greybeard
    Free Member

Actually, Google translate of the original is slightly better (I think)

720p video does not flicker:

Click the “on” and “off” buttons to start, the blue light is usually “on” when the blue light is started, click “on” on the switch machine, 3 of the 720p videos flash under the blue light, the video processing light does not prompt, Automatically save 5 minutes of continuous video in segments, and loop coverage.
    Click the toggle button again to stop the video and then return to the blue light, usually in standby

1080p video does not flash:
    In standby mode, start the blue light and long press, the mode button, the red and blue lights are used for 1080p video mode, click the switch button again, the blue light is off, and the red light flashes for 3 or 5 minutes, for 1080p video a Segmented continuous records are automatically saved and covered in cycles.
    Click the switch again to stop the video and then return to standby mode.

DezB
    Free Member

Perfecto!

alric
    Free Member

theres loads of these, been around for years, so plenty of tutorials on youtube
    mines still in the cupboard

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Translation help!’ is closed to new replies.