Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Transition Relay with removable Fazua Ride 60
  • Ben_Haworth

Transition Relay is a lighter-weight powered bike with a removable battery. 160/170mm travel. Full 29 or mullet. Fazua Ride 60 system.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Transition Relay with removable Fazua Ride 60

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So at least 8 months away then? Thanks for the heads up.
    “In other news many mountain bike brands will be releasing new products next year. Stay tuned.”

kayak23

Ooh sounds ideal.
    I’ve got a fullfat Orbea and it’s got too much power.
    Something like this looks better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mackem

I like the look of this. Although, for me I’d prefer less travel and 27.5″ wheels. Maybe even a hardtail version.

vmgscot

Having just waited 6 months for my Rise H I’d say an 8 month notice is probably about right for getting orders in.

I like the concept of this as I (like a few I suspect) now have an eeb and a ‘muscle’ bike that overlap in intention but get used on different rides depending on what I am looking to put in/get out that day.

honourablegeorge

Nice looking bike, and nobody felt the need to put the cables through the headset either, like their other Ebike.

chakaping
    Free Member

No mention of pricing then.

I reckon £6k with NX and a Domain.

a11y

I like the concept of this as I (like a few I suspect)

Yep, I like the concept too. I currently have 2 x FSers with different purposes/travel. An e-bike would replace my big-travel bike rather than my short-travel trail bike, and would leave me without an analogue bike for uplift/Alps. This idea solves that issue, especially if they get it to 35lbs without battery like I’ve seen mentioned elsewhere.

chrismac

This idea solves that issue, especially if they get it to 35lbs without battery like I’ve seen mentioned elsewhere

According to the Transition Website the carbon Spire is 33.8lb Im strugging to see how they can hit 35ib when the motor weighs 4.8lb on it own. THe battery is another 5lb on top

jam-bo

I’d like one but I’m pretty confident I won’t be able to afford it.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’ve got a fullfat Orbea and it’s got too much power.

Tell us more…. how is that a thing. Can’t you just dial it down?
    (Eeb virg)

doomanic

Yes, but then it’s just fat and sluggish.

kayak23

Tell us more…. how is that a thing. Can’t you just dial it down?
    (Eeb virg)

Yes, and I do. Lately nearly all of my rides are in the lowest assistance setting (Eco).

When I first got it, I tended to blast everywhere, as you do.
    Now though, I prefer low level assistance partly because I hated getting on my regular bikes after and feeling like the brakes were on and partly as I want to expend more of that type of effort.

Eco setting is still a decent amount of assistance anyway, it’s just that if you’ve been in the higher modes, the difference is pretty stark.

Brilliant to have the option to have more assistance later on when you’re spent though and get some more miles in taking it easy.

The lowest assistance level is fine for most stuff so long as you are prepared to drop the pace a bit, which I am on climbs.
    Still faster than a regular bike (with me riding it at least)

I really like the idea of these bikes with lower power, smaller batteries and lighter weight. I think that’s where things are heading more and more.

Also confident I won’t be able to afford it.

oldfart

One bike to rule them all 😉

bonni

So, 33.8 + 4.8 + 5 (using above mentioned speculative weights) = 43.6 lbs or 19.8 kg.

Still pretty light for an emtb.

Whatever, good to see other manufacturers going the lightweight option.

honourablegeorge

Fazua motor though – not that many about, servicing and warranty might not be that easy

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fazua Ride 50 – it’s superb – smooth, powerful enough, quiet… but light? nah, even without the battery its too heavy really. Maybe the motor for the 60 is a lot lighter (it’d need to lose at least 2-3kg to really be a 2 in 1 bike). Otherwise the Transition video is all a bit “advertisy”

ta11pau1

Comparing to the only other lightweight emtb with this sort of travel, the Kenevo SL is 19kg for the lightest version, the ride 60 system is 4.5kg so I think it’s within that sort of figure. If it’s the same weight, remove the battery and you’ve got a 16.7kg enduro bike, probably only a kilo heavier than a burly non emtb build.

el_boufador

It is a bike that can provide both experiences without compromise

There has to be a compromise.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.