Transition Covert cable routing problem

Home Forum Bike Forum Transition Covert cable routing problem

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Transition Covert cable routing problem
  • Premier Icon mikeyp
    Subscriber

My Covert has a strange cable route. it passes perilously close to the little ring as it heads towards the chain stay internal. I’ve already shredded the lot once and can see it happening again.

Any thoughts? different outers, chain guide?

[img]http://s8.postimage.org/sslz4t7nl/DSC_0003.jpg[/img]

Premier Icon mikeyp
    Subscriber

Someone must have a bright idea?

jedi

Same on my bottlerocket and bandit. I just put a zip tie there to stop it bulging to the granny ring

chopchop

Abandon the granny ring and fit a chain guide?

jedi

I use 2×9 on both with no worries

mandog

Get yourself the new Carbon Covert next year. It has internal cable routing. Problem solved.

Stevelol

Isn’t there a hole for a zip tie somewhere?

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

There is a small hole to fit a cable tie through (as per SteveLol) see below. On your photo it seems to show two cable ties but located further back, perhaps they are in the wrong place. BTW thanks to Nirvana Cycles they built the bike and clearly know the tricks as I’ve not have any problems.

[/url] Covert Cable & Tie by JambalayaPhoto, on Flickr[/img]

I know how to party on a Saturday night, taking photos of cable ties !

Premier Icon mikeyp
    Subscriber

Thanks, zip ties x2 are through the wee hole but still managing to occasionally get the chain against the outer. Time for a chain guide…

Why not just use the back plate from a stinger/superstar copy and cut it down? There was one on here for £12 yesterday

chopchop

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/rsj1975/photo-4.jpg

Ive been giving my Covert a spruce up after a summers worth of Dust mud and found this bit of cable wear that was hiding behind my chain guide! Another area that rubs nicely is the brake hose against the seatstay, i caught that one early on thankfully. The frame bearings were all dry and gritty and a couple had some corrosion, a bit poor on a 6 month old frame IMO.

banks

Just fitting a granny ring and found the same : (

Premier Icon alfabus
    Subscriber

mine is kept out of the way by the chain guide backplate (MRP Lopes SL) and by a zip tie.

prezet

Zip tie and chain guide seems to work fine for me. I’ve also zip tied the cable outer to the rear of the chain guide backplate to stop it rubbing behind like chopchop found out. So far so good.

tops 5

Zip tie thorugh the hole mentioned above works fine, my LBS left it off initially and I had the same problem

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

move a NDS BB spacer to the drive side if there is one? Would give a couple of mm more clearance.

banks

Mine is zip-tied to the chain stay and i’m running a full guide! Glad i caught it now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Transition Covert cable routing problem’ is closed to new replies.