Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Transit connect or renault kangoo
  • easygirl

Looking for a small van around 5k, lo wish milage
    Has anyone any knowledge of the above vans and any pitfalls

Cheers

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a kangoo it’s an old one mind but it’s been great. I’ve had one issue with it the central door locking packed in on the drivers side and it’s a sensor that’s failed and I can’t be bothered to take the panel off to fixit.
    I can get three bikes in the back with wheels on 4 at a push. I use it for windsurfing and bikes only so it’s got a rack on the passenger side to hold my boards, but I need to lower the passenger seat to get them in. It drives like a car, pokey enough to excellerate fast and cheap to run, I get about 50mpg out of it (diesel 1.5)
    At the club the small van of choice is either the kangoo (cheap) or VW Caddy (more expensive but bigger and I’d say better screwedm together)
    No idea about the Ford apart from the front seat folds flat and it’s a box shape in the rear..
    HTH.

kayak23

Berlingo. Bit wider than a Kangoo I think.

iolo
    Free Member

All vans of that size are quite good so as long as you don’t buy a rong un you’ll be fine.
    Everybody will recommend what they have.
    I had a long wheelbase high roof 220 transit connect and I loved it. You will get one well under your budget.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Transit connect is a great van, especially the newer 110ps model, but I had the 90ps and that was pretty good.
    Reliable and a good space. I turned it into a mini-camper and could fit 3 bikes and still sleep inside. Without that you can fit loads more inside. Bought mine with 160,000 miles and did 15,000 trouble free miles including a trip to the Alps and back.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Another happy-ish connect owner here.

Only real fly in the ointment is that some are really easy to “break” into (break is the wrong word: its easy to pop the locks) so additional security is needed.

handyandy
    Free Member

I have an 03 plate Berlingo, which i believe is the same bodyshell and engine as the kangoo. I wouldn’t go back to a regular car for carrying bikes now.

I can sleep in the back (just) after removing the single rear seat (4 bolts) and there is loads of room for bikes and kit. The bikes go in with the wheels on, which makes it lovely for winter when its muddy.

My only regret was buying the 1.4 petrol, which is pretty poor economy. Get a diesel instead.

trail_rat
    Free Member

kangoo and blingo are not the same body shell at that age – the kangoo was narrower.

partner and blingo are the same.

diesel if your going to load it up – 2.0 HDI – get the filters changed inc the turbo pick up .

Walk away if its had a new turbo at any stage

Connects are subject to the lower van speed limit – kangoo/blingo/partner all fall into car derived vans catagory – not a huge issue as most duallers down england way are M-ways – but up here in scotchland this is not the case.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Kangoo hands down.

VanMan
    Free Member

Worth looking at the ex utility Connects as they come with a load of racking inside.

andyt1054
    Free Member

Another vote for the 1.5 diesel kangoo. 50+ mpg cheap and v reliable. Just like driving a Clio :0)

Marge
    Free Member

Connect feels more industrial in my opinion but they seem to run forever…

easygirl

Thanks, seen some with all the racking in which look good, and most had low milage
    Going to british car auctions next week to see what the prices are like

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Transit connect or renault kangoo’ is closed to new replies.