Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 182 total)
  • Transgender children at school…
  • enfht
    Free Member

If a six year old child believes he’s a giraffe does that make him a giraffe?

molgrips
    Free Member

Nope.

Not really the same thing though. This is about how the kids want to present themselves.

anagallis_arvensis

Whats that got to do with anything?

zippykona

If we all started off in the womb as giraffes and remained giraffes unless we had an added chromosome then maybe yes.

molgrips
    Free Member

The boy remains a boy. No-one’s in denial about this. But he wants to wear a dress. And so what if he does? Why should anyone care?

chewkw
    Free Member

How hard can it be to dictate to, manipulate or programme a 6 yr old child? 🙄

Tell the child the earth is square and the child will accept that. 😆

Tell the child pigs used to fly and the child will accept that. 😛

enfht
    Free Member

Nobody should care let alone another kid’s parents. Labelling the child ‘trans’ would be reason to be concerned though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Calling the child ‘trans’ would be reason to be concerned though.

Especially if the kid is overweight. Cos trans fat is considered bad now.

GrahamS

How hard can it be to dictate to, manipulate or programme a 6 yr old child?

I’m going to assume you’re not a parent then chewkw? 😆

Tell him/her the earth is square and the child will accept that.

Well they won’t – but you have a point. The child of those “Christians” is probably a lot more accepting of the situation than they are.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

I heard the R4 interview, and they got a soft ride. They also appeared to come across as lacking in social skills and awareness themselves. The tell was when he said “boys are boys and girls are girls”.

Well, in 1950 maybe, but nowadays when we have a much better understanding of gender, identify and sexuality – and they are not necessarily linked.

I think that’s where the parents showed their real failing. They seemed to link gender with sexuality, and it’s a whooooole lot more complex than that.

Adrian Chiles on R5 later gave them a bit of a spikier time and they got a bit grumpy, which was nice.

They failed to grasp that there is nothing new in gender identity, just that in a more modern age we have a better understanding that not everyone is comfortable in the body their in, with how they and othesr identify them, and the expectations society places on them.

Schools try and deal with this as it’s a damn sight easier than having to deal with little boys intent on cutting their penis off and or growing up with a feeling of such little self worth and concept of self that they end up taking their own lives

but hey, at least two idiots from the Isle of Wight got to try throw a spanner in the works, and employ a rabidly evangelical lawyer with form to do this for them in the process.

GrahamS

Labelling the child ‘trans’ would be reason to be concerned though.

I’d agree that labels aren’t particularly helpful. The kids should just be free to dress in whichever uniform they feel comfortable in. If my daughter wanted to wear trousers to school I’d be all for it. Completely aside from any gender issue, they are a lot more practical when it comes to larking about.

molgrips
    Free Member

Boys are indeed boys and girls are indeed girls, but why should boys not wear dresses? Give me ONE good reason.

martinhutch

Tell the child the earth is square and the child will accept that.

Tell the child pigs used to fly and the child will accept that.

I’ve told my kids that Brexit will work out fine and that Trump is the best president EVA!

samunkim
    Free Member

Its the whole Pink vs Blue – Skirt vs Trousers – Football vs Netball thing I don’t get.

All of these are fairly recent artificial gender markers.
    So any “choice” certainly isn’t drive by biology.

Do Scottish gender fluid boys refuse to wear kilts ?
    Did Victorian dads thrash their boys until they were willing to wear manly pink ?

Or is the real problem society and the media selling an image onto kids far to young to have developed a sense of self let alone a sex

enfht
    Free Member

but why should boys not wear dresses? Give me ONE good reason.

OK then, dresses are not designed for pissing at a urinal.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

How hard can it be to dictate to, manipulate or programme a 6 yr old child?

I’m going to assume you’re not a parent then chewkw? [/quote]

I can assure you that in Borneo one of our traditional pastime is to tell scary stories to scare the shite out of every kids we know … It’s compulsory I kid you not. 😆

We used to tell kids all sort of B-shite scary stories then tell the children to ask the parents then laughed our head off later on … yes, we did. 😆

In the UK you might call that “child abuse” but in Borneo it is a favourite traditional story telling … the child would be scared to the hilt but then when they reach certain age, they would understand all in the name of growing up and to build up “immunity”. 😆

aracer
    Free Member

How hard can it be to dictate to, manipulate or programme chewy?

sbob
    Free Member

A thought: did the six year old boy have an older sister so dresses were available?
    At six years old I wore whatever was given to me, though I did like my superman trainers ’cause the tread went right up over the toe so you could run up walls.

GrahamS

I can assure you that in Borneo one of our traditional pastime is to tell scary stories to scare the shite out of every kids we know …

Isn’t there a danger that they grow up a bit wrong in the head with all sorts of weird ideas about maggots, zombie and the like?

How hard can it be to dictate to, manipulate or programme chewy?

taxi25
    Free Member

molgrips – Member 

Boys are indeed boys and girls are indeed girls, but why should boys not wear dresses? Give me ONE good reason.

Because the world is full of arseholes, and perhaps 6 is a bit young to make a public statement about being transgender with all the discrimination and BS that sadly still goes with it.

My personal view is that six is too young to know that one’s gender is ‘wrong’ and that for an adult to suggest or encourage a child to dress, act or behave in any particular manner is harmful and potentially negligent. Any child will have phases of behaviour.

Pretty much my personal view aswell.

allthegear
    Free Member

km79
    Free Member

That’s ok half the folk on here at least piss sitting down.

Drac

You’ve never been out in Newcastle I see.

chewkw
    Free Member

aracer – Member

martinhutch » I’ve told my kids that Brexit will work out fine and that Trump is the best president EVA!

How hard can it be to dictate to, manipulate or programme chewy? [/quote] I was once approached by some religious leaders trying to “brother” me this or “brother” me that … crikey … I mean of all the people they chose me. It was fun … I bet they felt dirty after being “infected” (reverse programmed) by me. 😆

GrahamS – Member
    Isn’t there a danger that they grow up a bit wrong in the head with all sorts of weird ideas about maggots, zombie and the like?

No, they all grew up feeling like a “donkey” and embarrassed for believing the scary stories (some true some not) we told them. We usually repeat the stories back to them in front of their women/girls/whatever but everyone just laughed … no big deal. It’s a way to distinguish between bullshite and reality. 😆

enfht
    Free Member

Rachael, that female urinal is just a poor proof of concept. Unlike a genuine urinal your legs would inevitably touch either side and get covered in other people’s piss.

GrahamS

As a semi-regular kilt-wearer, it’s not that hard.

It’s a way to distinguish between bullshite and reality.

Doesn’t seem that effective to be honest 😆

miketually
    Free Member

Because the world is full of arseholes, and perhaps 6 is a bit young to make a public statement about being transgender with all the discrimination and BS that sadly still goes with it.[/quote]

A boy wearing a dress isn’t necesarily identifying as transgender, they’re just a boy wearing a dress.

My personal view is that six is too young to know that one’s gender is ‘wrong’ and that for an adult to suggest or encourage a child to dress, act or behave in any particular manner is harmful and potentially negligent. Any child will have phases of behaviour.

Pretty much my personal view aswell.[/quote]

The only adults telling a six-year-old to dress in a particular manner are the ones who made the complaint. Everyone else was quite happy letting the six-year-old wear whatever he wanted to wear.

chewkw
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    That ladies urinal is just a poor proof of concept. Unlike the genuine urinal your legs would inevitably touch either side and get covered in other people’s piss.

The designer(s) need to be fired for falling basic practical product design. 😯

GrahamS – Member

It’s a way to distinguish between bullshite and reality.

Doesn’t seem that effective to be honest [/quote] That depends on the way people are programmed … 😆

mrlebowski
    Free Member

However they are entitled to their opinion, not something that goes down well here.

Folks are entitled to whatever opinion they chose – they are also entitled to the rebuttal they get..

molgrips
    Free Member

Quite tempted to get myself a male cut dress actually. Just because.

slowoldman

I would have thought they are better than trousers actually. Just hold the hem in your teeth and away you go.

miketually
    Free Member

I teach in a large sixth form college in a market town in the north east of England.

25 years ago, when I was a student here, there was only one openly gay student.

A few years ago we started to get a few trans* students, but they were very quiet and everything was very hush-hush and whispered.

We now have loads of openly gay, trans*, non-binary, genderfluid, asexual, whatever students and nobody gives a shit. It’s brilliant.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Ok, here goes…

For those who say that 6 is too young to know about gender you are wrong.

I’ve never said this in public before but I am gender fluid and I’ve known this since my very earliest memory.

At nursery school I wanted to play with the dolls and dressing up stuff because that’s where I felt “right”. I was made to play with the cars and guns with the boys because that is what boys did.

At primary school I wanted to wear the same summer dresses as the girls and have long hair. Unlike today though there was no understanding, just an evil old bitch of a teacher who beat boys for crying, or showing any emotion with a metre long wooden ruler. I was a very unhappy child!

However these feelings of femininity were not continuous and still aren’t which is why I never transitioned. Probably half my time in in male mode and half in female mode.

Now, 40 years on I’m in a great relationship with a partner who is happy for me to be who I need to be, and on warm days I’m more likely to be found wandering around Scotland in a skirt than trousers and shorts. As of yet I’ve never had more than a raised eyebrow.

But if I’d been able to express myself and be ‘me” from an early age, I may well not have had all the mental health problems which dogged most of my adult life including some close escapes with suicide.

Please let your children be who they want to be. Don’t judge, because it’s not a choice and not something anyone would choose. It’s a desperate need to be able to be me.

That’s it really. Be gentle…

GrahamS

Brave statement boriselbrus. Glad things are a bit better for you now.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Please let your children be who they want to be. Don’t judge, because it’s not a choice and not something anyone would choose. It’s a desperate need to be able to be me.

+1.

As they say…..”Thanks for sharing…”

siwhite
    Free Member

boriselbrus – cap doffed to you, old fruit*. Stories like yours do far more to change entrenched attitudes than the couple who inspired this thread.

*nearly typed ‘old chap’ but, you know…. 😀

Cougar

Calling the child ‘trans’ would be reason to be concerned though.

Especially if the kid is overweight. Cos trans fat is considered bad now.[/quote]

Delete your account.

Cougar

Brave statement boriselbrus.

Indeed. Well said, that can’t have been easy.

RustySpanner

Again, well said.

I always thought trans fatty acid was a kind of dance music for northerners.
    😐

molgrips
    Free Member

Hug boris

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Transgender children at school…’ is closed to new replies.