• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Transfers from Pula to Porec – Croatia. Any experience/worth hiring a car?
  • Alex

EasyJet wanted to charge us silly money for transfers. I found a couple of taxi firms that will do it for about 1/2 that price. A hire car tho is not much more.

We’re staying in the central of Porec so no car needed for the city, but it might be good to drive out a couple of days. Yet to do any proper research as we booked it back in Feb and I sort of forgot about it 🙂

Anybody driven up that way/worth having a car or just get a taxi and don’t worry about it….

MrPottatoHead

Been about 6-7 years since we went to Porec.  They seemed to be throwing a lot of money at new road infrastructure in Croatia and roads were very good.  Didn’t need a car whilst we were there – plenty within easy walking distance and there was a land train running between parts of the town/campsites etc if you wanted it.  Also plenty of boat trips down the coast.  Only taxi we took was to local go-kart place which was excellent.  No drama getting a taxi but I was surprised at lack of English speaking locals – probably 4th or 5th language it would seem.

Would hire a car if planning on venturing inland.  We did a coach tour to Plitvice and made for a very long day out.

Alex

Thanks for that.. we need to get the kids to the water park but taxi might be easier..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Transfers from Pula to Porec – Croatia. Any experience/worth hiring a car?’ is closed to new replies.