Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trans-Savoie: 10 years of not-racing enduro
  • Ben_Haworth

This summer will see the 10th Trans-Savoie Enduro. Perfect excuse to look at some nice piccies and watch a great little look-back promo edit.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Trans-Savoie: 10 years of not-racing enduro

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Fortunately, we have a solution for that too! Our partner Ship to Cycle can arrange to deliver your bike direct to our event HQ, and arrange for it to be collected and returned home to you at the end of the race.

Bet thats bloody expensive

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve looked at similar services a few times and they are staggeringly costly by comparison with taking your bike with you.

E bike batteries pose a bit of an issue currently but even then, I’d expect it to be significantly cheaper to ship the battery with a willing courier and take the bike your self.

oldnick

Hopefully I will regain my fitness enough to go ride some of those trails one day, the views 😮

Sandwich

It’s 50 and 50 entries according to the video, you may want to amend the text above. On my retirement tick-list of places to ride. All ready had a decent road ride in that area and that was fabulous, first time overtaking cars on a descent!

matt_outandabout

I am sure you are fed up of me saying that eldest_oab volunteered with this event last year.

The best trails he has ever ridden, massively friendly and well organised event – a proper ‘once a lifetime’ event.

I want a go…

chrismac

The rest of the mtb media reported this last week. Keep up stw

freeride_addict
    Free Member

Yeah That’s true, they most certainly are not cheap. Something like 250 Euros one way from the UK. But if you are going further afield (eg I was trying to get an e-bike from France to NZ recently), I literally could not find ANY other solution, and ANY price. If anyone knows of one, please do tell me. In the end, I left the bike behind and bought a new bike in NZ….and believe me, that was a tough (expensive) call to make. The aviation regulations around shipping (large) Lithium batteries are super-tight and there seems to be no publicly available service that can actually do it right now. Keen to know if anyone else knows something I don’t or has found a better solution?

freeride_addict
    Free Member

@matt_outandabout Sign up to the crew and get yourself out to Savoie this summer, then! And bring Super-Jack with you too, please! – he was such a good lad and he sure knows how to ride a bike, too!

matt_outandabout

@freeride_addict – I’ve tried…he is meeting pals in Morzine early in summer, then working thier way across Italy to Slovenia, back via Austria and Switzerland…

I’ll point a few other riders who he knows though. 👍

freeride_addict
    Free Member

@matt_outandabout Sounds like a good plan to me – not jealous at all! But in that case he and his mates should come over for Enduro2 instead (www.enduro2.fr)! Same gig really, (but typically more beer & party involved) 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trans-Savoie: 10 years of not-racing enduro’ is closed to new replies.