Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Trans Provence – great to see such a mix of names
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mark Weir
    Joe Barnes
    Geoff Kabush
    Anne-Caroline
    Matti Leikhoinen

I guess it shows what great athletes they are in their own eras and disciplines, and what a leveller this format is.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Good to see some Amateurs doing well…not such a gap between the pros.

Seb Kemp a brit right up there

The Pantling brothers are local to me in Surrey – both rippers, Toby doing very well.

duntstick
    Free Member

Yesterday was horrible weather around lunchtime. Here is the day 2 vid for those who are interested

[video]http://vimeo.com/50119480[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Chainline
    Free Member

Bikes are being fettled all the time in the vids. None of that in my day 🙂

I lubed the chain once. That was it in the whole week. And I crashed it twice too. I don’t know this professional era….

Good to watch though, great memories. A shame they had to do Donky Darko in that weather, it’s awesome in the dry.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Epic weather and epic riding. Looks so good.

Did you spot FB’s zero length stem on his slacked-out Mondraker?

devs
    Free Member

Our Jojo is just about hanging in there. Keep it going girl! Good to see people I know from events doing alright. It looks a tough enough event without crappy weather so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for them.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

If toby can not crash for a week, he’ll prob get a great result.
    The mans a lunatic 😀

julians
    Free Member

Dave Freeman (an amateur) is doing pretty good, i dont know him but he’s usually KOM on a lot of strava segments (downhill and uphill) round these parts (peak district)

Chainline
    Free Member

It is tough. It was bloody tough with the good weather. Not sure I’d fancy the exposure with wind/hail/rain.

At least today it looked a lttle better for the big carry otherwise that would have been really hard, up various walking paths and downhill tracks.

It is epic..

freeridenick
    Free Member

Toby Pantling just 40 seconds behind Matti LEHIKOINEN – that is impressive stuff….

Chainline
    Free Member

Interesting who is doing well vs who you might think will be really fast.

The big difference with TP is that no one, unless you’ve done it before, gets to see the special stage trail before they ride it, so its a real balance of risk/reward especially after some BIG climbs. The descents are long and you have to have something in the tank.

SuperEnduro races and other Enduros follow a similar format but you can recce the trails first and know how hard you can push.

TP really does test all your abilities. Great to see some amateurs up there with the pro’s.

AlexSimon

Does anyone know why Dan Atherton didn’t start?

martinh
    Free Member

Great write up by Seb of day 2. Some serious weather

ads678

Does anyone know why Dan Atherton didn’t start?

I was wondering the same thing. I was expecting big things from him.

duntstick
    Free Member

Day 4 looks good.

[video]http://vimeo.com/50251320[/video]

freeridenick
    Free Member

The grey earth section looks awesome.

Gary_C

Seb Kemp a brit right up there

?? I thought that Seb was a Kiwi ?

mangoridebike

Seb Kemp is a brit, who spent a long time in NZ and now resides in Canada as far as I can tell.

Gary_C

Seb Kemp is a brit, who spent a long time in NZ and now resides in Canada as far as I can tell.

Ah, that’ll explain the Kiwi accent then. Stayed with Bear Back in Whistler in 2009 & Seb was guiding for them. Top bloke.

duntstick
    Free Member

Chucking it down today, lots of thunder and lightning. Wouldn’t fancy being up there above Sospel right now.
    Maybe even a bit of Brit advantage, the local boys won’t like being out in this.

Candodavid
    Free Member

interesting?

Seb Kemp, he’s from Somerset he is, not doing bad for someone who had smashed a foot earlier this year

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Local Harrogate boy Joe Rafferty in 16th.

ash

A shame they had to do Donky Darko in that weather, it’s awesome in the dry.

They rode Donkey Darko in the dry (with sun)!

duntstick
    Free Member

Rounding off what looks to have been a great event

Day 7

[video]http://vimeo.com/50574184[/video]

freeridenick
    Free Member

Toby Pantling won the AMs, good to see a local Surrey boy smash it up.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Trans Provence – great to see such a mix of names’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts