Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trans Pennine trail question
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve come up with the slightly bonkers idea of meeting my other half in Leeds one day after work, the thing is I plan to ride there.

Probably starting in Warrington – near Thelwall – or Stockport and the riding via Barnsley and onto Leeds.

Is it doable in a day, I reckon it’s about 65-70 miles if I start at Stockport.

Is it safe to ride solo from a risk of being jumped etc in any of the less salubrious places the trail may pass through?

Garry_Lager

Be ok that. It is a bit tour de shithole in parts, but that’s part of the charm. It’s not being silly to be vigilant, though. A lad got his bike taken off him at knifepoint on it last year IIRC, posted about it here. Time of day is probably a decisive factor in the scally migratory movements. Pulling into Leeds late afternoon sounds fine.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Knife point!! Balls to that

PMK2060

I use the section from Hatfield to Wakefield quite regularly. Never had any problems.

monksie
    Free Member

I use the TPT from Stockport Pyramid to the Trafford Centre on a very regular basis and I’ve not had a minutes trouble from anybody and my mountain and ‘cross bikes are rather expensive.
    You could have somebody jump out at you with a knife on the next main road you ride down.
    Get it ridden! Stockport to Leeds? Sounds like it could be a good day out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trans Pennine trail question’ is closed to new replies.