• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Trans Cambrian Way – it's what it's all about
  • large418
    Free Member

Just done the Trans Cambrian Way from Knighton to Machynlleth. Some great riding in the back of beyond – rarely technical, but remote and wild. If mountainbiking for you is about getting out in the wilds and feeling free, then you have to do this ride.

105 miles, 3500m climbing, carrying a tent etc in 13 hours. Not quite Rob Lee/Rob Dean, but still respectable. The views were constantly fantastic, especially around the Claerwen Reservoir, where the hills seemed to stretch for miles and miles (and according to the map, they do). I think I went through 1 town, a few villages, saw no other bikes or walkers, hardly any cars, a few tractors and enough sheep to start a New Zealand farm. Loads of Red Kites, buzzards, skylarks, and lots of other small birdy type things.

Can't recommend it highly enough – I'll definitely be back for a lightweight jaunt (that rucksack got pretty heavy towards the end) next year, just got to pick the weather (it was very dry – didn't get my feet wet until a stream crossing where I went for a small unplanned swim on the Mach2 trail near the end).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Trans Cambrian Way – it's what it's all about’ is closed to new replies.