Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Trans-Cambrian. Lots of pics and a bit of write up
  • mechanicaldope

I’m comforted to see the positive comments and the fact people have done it on cross bikes

I did it on a cross bike. Cut the tyre sidewall at Elan and spent the rest of the trip getting punch flats from the improvised boot. Think I got through 7 inner tubes. At a similar point I also invisibility kinked the rear disk brake cable rendering it useless and had to do the second half with only a front brake. That got mentally tough.

spooky_b329

Sshhh! My only alternative is a SS hardtail, or service my Alfine 8 and transfer it, along with a new drivetrain (which I don’t have) onto my singlespeed! I’ve already ordered the grease for the Alfine but I think a last minute rebuild and no time for more than a couple of miles to test it would be wise before a 3 day trip 🙂

grtdkad

Love the photos, brilliant at capturing the remoteness of the TC. We rode it in 2013 iirc (just 3-4 hrs of torrential rain for us) on a carbon HT.

I reckon your Ti HT would be perfect for it tbh @fatbikedog, the 12,500ft of climbing may turn the whole thing in to a different challenge on the fattie.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Trans-Cambrian. Lots of pics and a bit of write up’ is closed to new replies.