Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trance SX 2014 tyre width question
  • c0rvus
    Free Member

Posted few threads regarding Trance SX 2014 and finally went for it. Took it to the trail yesterday and it was great really so I think all is good so far. Wondering what’s the max tyre width I can put on it still has ‘Giant P-TRX1 27.5’ wheel system, it’s currently running 2.35 width tyres.

Thanks

joebristol

I can’t answer your question on he giant but just be careful with tyre choice. 2.35” is a good size (especially in a schwalbe) already.

I like the 2.5wt Maxxis DHF on the front of my bike, but I tried a 2.4wt Maxxis dhr2 on the back and whilst it’s grippy it is also draggy and makes the bike feel hard work. I’m now going back to a lighter / less treaded back tyre for the summer.

c0rvus
    Free Member

@joebristol
    Oh yeah I agree that they’re okay size, just wanted to know what’s the max width I can put. It’s running schwalbe hans damf snake skin (front) and razor (back) but I found a slash on the back tyre where the rubber knobs are though the cut didn’t go all the way in.

Just want to know this for future reference really. I’m running 2.3 Maxxis HR II (front) and Ardent (back) on my 29er on my HT.

patagonian
    Free Member

Whats the internal rim width as that’s the important bit? I’ve got the P-TRX1C and it’s written right next to that. Mine are 21mm currently with 2.25’s fitted but thinking of going up to 2.35.

c0rvus
    Free Member

@patagonian
    Not sure what’s the internal width, will check it when I get home. I can only find the carbon version of it and it says on giant site its 27mm.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trx-1-27dot5-carbon-trail

alpin
    Free Member

2.4WT dhr on the GF’s bike. Stock Giant rims. Plenty of space.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trance SX 2014 tyre width question’ is closed to new replies.