Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Training plan for enduro racing.
  • alterego123
    Free Member

Ive recently entered the national enduro championships in grizedale . I wondered if anyone had a training plan for someone riding 3 days a week with the odd indoor training session?

tooby

Hi. I found a few training programs on British Cyclings website, but the best I’ve seen is on the Cape Epic web page. I rode hills off road a lot more to get fitter. More bike time

richwak
    Free Member

That’s a month away so not a lot of time. That being said try the free 30 day plan from here
    https://www.bikejames.com
    The gym exercises and stretches/ mobility drill transformed my riding and my enjoyment. I signed up for the full plan as soon as the 30 day programme ended as it was so good.
    His philosophy is that not all exercises have the same results and that by focusing on certain strength and mobility exercises you can have massive gains in performance without hours and hours of boring base miles.
    I followed the plan from Nov to august last year in preparation for the trans Savoie (6 day enduro race) and went from struggling round a 3 hour enduro to riding for 6+ hours a day for 6 days on the trot. There are different options depending on the amount of time you want to spend training.
    Highly reccomended

scottfitz
    Free Member

Some advice from an elite endure racer:

Enduro Race Tips #2 – Enduro Training Plan

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a bike? Get out on it 😉
    Got a road bike? get in it 🙂

For a short term quick boost look at some bike skills as a boost, carrying a bit more speed and less braking will be worth probably as much.

(I’m currently searching for the 13 day Enduro Training plan…)

alterego123
    Free Member

Thanks guys

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Intervals. you are training for next year yes?

fifeandy
    Free Member

you are training for next year yes?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sorry dad

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s a long loop with some really steep stages.

How’s your stamina and are you already comfy riding steep terrain?

letitreign
    Free Member

Stamina training, get plenty of hard day’s riding in cos that’s more or less what you will be doing if you factor in the practice sesh before the race and if you’ve got long transitions between the stags with long climbs, you’ll burn yourself out for the timed stages when the speed counts, I discovered that a few weeks ago! Lots of stand up peddling and short fast bursts, see if you can get out with some hardcore CX riders to train with.
    I joined a gym to use at lunchtimes, also started jogging as well as commuting to work on my road bike, plus the usual weekend riding at the trails (which all helpled) but it was too little too late, think my other downfall was also not fuelling up during the day between the practice and the race and having time to rest between.

Good Luck, just enjoy it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Training plan for enduro racing.’ is closed to new replies.