Viewing 12 posts - 1,001 through 1,012 (of 1,012 total)
  • Training and diet talk…
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

The races last year i really enjoyed. In fact my first race was a road race and i came away buzzing. This year it feels different. Races are massively oversubscribed. It’s very difficult to get into races. Last night the castle combe crit i’m told was 120 riders! this is for a wet thursday night (normally around 50 riders)

Lots of ppl with no bunch skills.. not knowing how to sprint.. and guys happy sitting in the bunch the whole race.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’re your favourite core exercises?

Hotel room press-ups with toes on the bed. I can do about 25 in one go, maybe two or three sets of that over time.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Congratulation Molly – you are the 1000th poster!

Your prize is a lifetime’s subscription to Yeti’s Lifestyle Advisory service.

I’ve started doing press ups with my hands on a reebok step…

1. Both hands on bench, explode up, land with left hand off left end of bench.
    2. Explosive up to both hands on bench.
    3. Go to the right.

Repeat until form fails.

emsz
    Free Member

God, you want core, get down to a gynastics school.

flic flacs, casting, planche, tumbling, all the vaulting exersizes, pikes, leg tucks, walkovers, backwards take-offs, ays bars.

All the boys at our club had rock hard 6 packs.

(so did I) 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve been going on a gymnastics website for training tips emsz! I have rock hard abs 🙂

Which is your favourite exercise though?

emsz
    Free Member

Sit ups boringly. 😳

I do them with feet and shoulders off the floor though.

Keva
    Free Member

I like the yoga classes for core exercises.

the move starting at 40sec is one of the best core exercise I’ve come across yet. The girl makes it look easy, but it isn’t!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p581dzisU2Y&feature=related[/video]

Kev

philconsequence
    Free Member

i can do 3 sit ups now!

trickydisco
    Free Member

well feelnig ashamed of myself i decided to hit the gym (1st time in 2 months) and do some Veronique Billat intervals (after reading idave’s blog)

Ouch

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I missed that in his blog… how have you worked out what intensity to do the intervals at?

trickydisco
    Free Member

This

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2012/02/29/12-into-70-3-will-go-part-two/

The first are an adaptation of intervals developed and validated by French physiologist Veronique Billat – found to effectively increase aerobic capacity. These involve 3 sets of 5 x 30 sec max, 30 sec recovery, with 2.5 mins between sets. For me the ‘max’ is based on feel – no heart rate, no power – it’s at the highest pace that I can sustain for 30 seconds.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cool… I should’ve gussed if it was from iDave’s blog it would be the luddite’s option… which suits me just fine.

Although I’ll have a HRM monitoring my progress.

Viewing 12 posts - 1,001 through 1,012 (of 1,012 total)

The topic ‘Training and diet talk…’ is closed to new replies.