Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Trainers for men of a certain age.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Is it compulsory once you have passed 40 to own a pair of Adidas Samba?

scotroutes

I don’t think I’ve ever owned a pair of Adidas trainers. Salomon XA Pro’s for mw.

thejesmonddingo

Converse Chuck Connors All Stars in black,a true classic.

djglover
    Free Member

Onistuka tiger – the thinking mans adidas samba

totalshell

essential.. blue and white.. and you keep the for best. Decathlon own label for day wear, samba’s for saturday and inov8 xtalon for sunday morning..

i still have my original sidi spd compatible shoes, which were the first non shimano shoe for the spd in fluro green purchased form stif when it was still a windsurfing shop in a lock up garage..

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m proper old, so THESE for me 😐

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i only ever had 1 pair of sambas; in my mid 20s, green synthetic leather with white stripes. they were ace.

these days, i have 10 pairs of trainers (2 pairs of macbeth manchesters, 2 pairs of canvas vans, 1 pair each of duffs, DC and etnies skate shoes, pair of salomon x-over, pair of inov8 roclites and a pair of adidas ADI-ease gonzales skate shoes i never wear!).

lucien

Nike 6.0 high tops for me

Harry_the_Spider

xherbivorex, that’s you that is.

CountZero

Plain black Van Churchill’s for me. Never owned a pair of Adidas in my life.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

john_drummer
    Free Member

hope not. what are they anyway?

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I own about 40 pairs of Adidas trainers, mainly old school 80’s casuals styles (e.g. city series, trimm trabs/stars ) only ever had one pair of samba’s and they were used for gardening mostly as the big tongues used to annoy me.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Dunlop green flash ftw

derek_starship
    Free Member

I wear Adidas Gazelle and Samba (not simultaneously). Both in navy blue. I guess they are the middle age trainer of choice. I’d love a pair of Forest Hills for truly retronessosity.

midlifecrashes

Another Nike 6.0 high top fan here, comfy and not shouty in black suede. Converse lows on proper hot days in shorts.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

clearly not me.

i have no hair.

Edric64
    Free Member

I just buy trainers I dont need to know the model .None of the trendy ones are stocked in adult sizes (14)so I am limited on choice .I did get a couple of pairs of Timberlands for £65 last week but trainers are usually New Balance Asics or Brooks

john_drummer
    Free Member

ah, those.

nope, not for me. not ever. I’d be more likely to get some of these if I could afford them:

trevron73
    Free Member

Ice cream for me in 3 flavours. Dice flavour, pager flavour and money roll ,i’m 40 in 2 days time and my wife says i look like a knob , this is how i roll baby !

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Not if like me you had a pair when you were a teenager in the 70s.

samuri
    Free Member

You’re all wrong. Trainers for men over 40 come from a supermarket shelf and have no brand at all on them.

john_drummer
    Free Member

fair point that samuri

loddrik
    Free Member

!!?!?

Am 40 and still dress pretty much the same way I have for 20 years. Always trainers, either airmax 95s or some sort of adidas originals retro stuff, as I wore 30 years ago.

I’ll still dress this way in 20 years time.

Shirt jeans and loafers…?? I’ll never ever dress that old…

edhornby

I have a pair of K-swiss in brown that are samba-like but not so pointy, it’s ok to be samba’d

just not the mingin green ones mmkay

fd3chris
    Free Member

Vibram 5 fingers in black with bright green sole and toes. Gf hates them but god they are amazing to wear 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

I still dress to a degree like I did 20+ years ago – but not completely.

a) I’d look a complete t*t, 40+ year old goth with obviously dyed hair and
    b) you can hardly get that stuff anymore. ok I can still get black jeans, t-shirts & some boots, but not much else

eskay

Am 40 and still dress pretty much the same way I have for 20 years.

Me too! Still have a bit of stussy, wear plain black Etnies or Element (used to be Puma States or Gazelles). It is comfortable and it is me.

piemonster

I dress nothing like twenty years ago. Well, maybe not that extreme.

I’m quite looking forward to graduating to tartan slippers and a nice cardigan to keep the chill off.

Balls to staying the same for decades. Can you imagine dressing like its the 70s or 80s. Shoulder pads, no thanks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve never worn trainers as casual shoes, clearly im a grumpy old git but why pay a premium for trainers when for the same money you can buy proper leather casual shoes. I am partial to Salomon approach shoes though .. but they aren’t trainers 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Am 40 and still dress pretty much the same way I have for 20 years. Always trainers, either airmax 95s or some sort of adidas originals retro stuff, as I wore 30 years ago.

I’ll still dress this way in 20 years time.

Shirt jeans and loafers…?? I’ll never ever dress that old…

i’m 45, but yeah, this. the only real change is that my jeans are no longer massive/stupidly baggy.

jools182
    Free Member

Gazelle have always been cooler than samba 😉

bigbloke
    Free Member

I wear Adidas Superstars in various colours. Love them. Currently got 3 pairs.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Trainers for men of a certain age.’ is closed to new replies.