Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trails/Around near Telford?
  • DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any good ones? I’m thinking ones that you can ride to as well, I know of Granville but it gets a bit dull.

Thanks!

MicArms

Shinsplints is round those parts and knows a few trails, assume you’ve done the wrekin and Much Wenlock areas?

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve done the Wrekin but I haven’t done much in Wenlock, do you mean Wenlock Edge, by the way?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The Dog on Cannock Chase is only 30mins by car ?

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I have done Follow the Dog at Cannock, but I can rarely get there because I can’t drive.

RoterStern
    Free Member

if you’ve got a car then get yourself over to Ludlow or the Long Mynd. If not then I always used to join up all the trails..eg Granville over to the Ercall onto the Wrekin and back. Have you been down to the Ironbridge Gorge? Over the other side of the bridge on the Jackfield side there are some cheeky trails to be had but not strictly legal as it’s private land.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Hmm, that sounds like fun, joining them all up. I might have a look for some of those trails in the Ironbridge Gorge too, thanks!

jakethesnake
    Free Member

check out :

1) haughmond hill nr shrewsbury – good play spot rode there weekly for 6 years and never got bored. wrekin is visible from haughmond so it should be rideable.

2) eastridge / earls hill . old site for xc races but now some purpose built tracks and woodland singletrack. North decent off earls hill is steep rooty and slimy but :-))

3) long mynd and stiperstones good for day rides / epics- ride to bridges hostel on fri and spend the weekend there

4)hopton wood nr craven arms good woody downhill tracks – rideable but perhaps a little far with no car

5) ride up and down the wrekin is also fun if you can avoid the chavs

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Thanks, Jake. I’ll have to try some of those out!

Nick

Get in touch with the Wild Wednesday Wheelers, they do a good ride round the Wrekin from Little Wenlock, not been there for awhile so should be due a visit there, you might even meet other local riders who could give you a lift to other rides.

Wild Wednesday Wheelers

shinsplints

danny = where you from mate – there are a group of us ride regularly round there & would be happy to show you either on a weekend or a night (have you got lights ? )
    drop me an e mail – rollason73@hotmail.com

RoterStern
    Free Member

I might have a look for some of those trails in the Ironbridge Gorge too, thanks!

Depending on where you live once at Ironbridge head over the bridge and then turn right and go along the side of the river until you reach the power station fence and you will see the trail turn sharp left and go steeply up follow this to the top and you should see the singletrack heading along the ridge to the left. It eventually brings you back to the bridge. If you are riding there via the Telford Centre the Silkin Way is the best bet as it gets you there pretty quickly and without needing to use roads (on the way just into Madeley there are a few woods you can play in too if you get bored).

Rich
    Free Member

There is The Cockshutt woods near Oakengates/Wombridge.

Quite small but a few trails that are good for a blast.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trails/Around near Telford?’ is closed to new replies.