Trails too dry?

Home Forum Bike Forum Trails too dry?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Trails too dry?
  • Stevelol
    Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

No pleasing some people πŸ˜‰ The rain you ask for will turn all that sand into a grindy paste which will do wonders for your nice bike…

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Be off with you! Its bloody perfect out there!

zelak999

I think you are about to get a flaming bandito…………..

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

BURN HIM!!!

ajantom

28 miles of beautifully dry singletrack and trails last night.
    Begone with you!

PJM1974

A large swathe of my local loop is still as soggy as an otter’s pocket.

πŸ™

Premier Icon zbonty
    Subscriber

Burn the troll!

kudos100

I don’t think this is the right forum for you, have you tried mumsnet?

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I had one crash and a couple of hairy moments last night losing traction in all the dust and marble-sized stones over Rivington.

I wasn’t complaining though…

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

It’s not too dry until cut gate, cave dale and bradwell edge are all dry at the same time.

At which point, planets align, demons decend and trail conditions become the least of your worries.

Yetiman

After the long cold winter I’ve endured this mild dry spell is just perfect. Riding in shorts and a t-shirt, throwing a dusty (not muddy) bike in the back of the car, sweat dripping into the lenses of my glasses, warm sunshine beaming down on me at the top of my local hill…..bliss.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

I’m actually wondering what to lube my chain with right now. I normally use putoline wax in winter and squirt in summer.

Should I do one last hot wax or trust in and use squirt?

That’s called fun, deal with it!

banks

Oznadog. It’s happened!

boxfish
    Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I can’t take it any more

πŸ™‚

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Banks, I was told cut get still had wet patches on top. Not sure about the other two right now.

dantsw13

Weirdo!!

It’s the dried out 2 ft deep hoof holes and CAT track ruts that are he biggest issue.

On one local trail the FC have dumped a 1ft layer of loose topsoil on a 1 mile section of lovely dry trail πŸ™„

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

The Edinburgh defence?

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

The Edinburgh defence

No.
    The gauntlet was laid down (by a fellow STW user) to see how people would respond. More like “Trolling by proxy” πŸ˜€

Can’t quite get over how few accusations of troll I got. You take it too seriously.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Sorry, there should have been a winking smiley on that but my phone doesn’t like playing that game. (or is that the Edinburgh defence?)

Been on hear long enough to not take it too seriously and I’m smart enough to walk away when others do.

franki

Cut gate was like a rocky fast-flowing river between the boggy parts last thursday. I’d be amazed if all that has dried out by now.

longmover

Try living Western Australia hot, dusty and slippery all year round. After rain the trails transform into being fast and grippy, and it has started to rain more now πŸ™‚

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

I have the shot……. πŸ˜€

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

I’m off to do the W2 and a few other bits at Afan after work this afternoon 8)

andeh
    WackoAK

*reported*

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

This weather! Local trails last night are now officially too dry

All the exposed rock is now loose and pinging all over the place. The normally buff and fast singletrack is now a sandpit, making it waaaayyy too draggy on the climbs, and terrible to control on the descents.

Add in the factor of it being too warm and getting a heck of a sweat on and getting dehydrated, and it takes all the fun out of it.

Bring back the rain πŸ™

Mark N

*reported*

πŸ˜†

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Fear not. I predict that this dry spell shall only last for exactly the same length of time as my current dose of the dreaded lurgy which means I have to remain within 10 feet of a toilet. 😐

patriotpro

Trails too dry?

😯

Hanging’s too good for you man!

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I assume thats not aimed at me, Jon? 😯

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

oooh definately too dry;im not going through a set of pads in a weekend, my camelbak hose isnt freezing up, my back wheel isnt jamming in the frame because its so caked in mud, yeah march/april were wonderful

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

I assume thats not aimed at me

No sorry, just trying to wind up the OP. I’ll go read the rest of the thread no to see what offence I may have caused.

…..

Bregante you have a sick mind πŸ˜†

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

No pics of trails Jon, Ian’s got some of (more) puncture and chain fixing – I’ll send them to you. Route on strava…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Trails too dry?’ is closed to new replies.