Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trails to try out within half hour of Mansfield-more gravity the better
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

So I live in North Notts and I’m looking for some new trails to try obvious choice would be Matlock/bakewell/Ambergate but I don’t know where the trails are and where to park .any ideas or maps to look at?
    I’m on my own so I’m not about to bring a posse with me if their your local trails,I ride a Mega with Lyriks so no downhill bike or owt but I am keen to use the bike for what it was intended.
    Email in profile if you don’t want to discuss on a forum.
    Please nobody say what about Pines- it’s great for a family day out or a few loops but that’s it- I need Knarrrrr lol
    (Actually not too much as I have a habit of being overbiked and underskilled oh and over 40 and fat too )
    On second thoughts The more Knarrrrr the better fewk it!!

iain1775
    Free Member

Ambergate (shining cliff)
    From Mansfield – A38 south to Ripley then across to Ambergate
    At junction with A6 (Hurt Arms pub) turn left, take first right almost immediately, before you get to petrol station, its a narrow singletrack road at side of a cricket pitch.
    Go over bridge over river, layby on LHS half way up hill. Park there
    Tracks you enter the wood opposite layby at the obvious greenlane, follow track then when it starts uphill take a right, (concrete bollard thing in middle of path i think) go through the old mill buildings, keep on that track almost to the gate at the end marked private (caravan park) tracks are just before there on LHS you will see the end of a few coming out onto the path, just follow them up
    Ride courteously and don’t go if its wet, it’s a bit cheeky
    Across the river and canal there is some stuff at Crich and just down the A38 towards Derby there are some short tracks and occasionally jumps and timber ladders (depending on local builders v landowner) at Drum Hill
    THe decent from top of black rocks back to the canal is also good fun, in three sections, top is rocky, then some flowy singletrack above the high peak trail followed by a really fast double track blast down to the road it’s easy to do a 20-30km loop linking black rocks Crich and Ambergate, or another linking Ambergate, The Chevin (Belper) and Drum Hill (but that one involves a fair bit more road)

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Cheers Iain ,just looked it up on google maps-looks simple enough

iain1775
    Free Member

No worries I might be up there one evening this week

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trails to try out within half hour of Mansfield-more gravity the better’ is closed to new replies.