Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trails near Leeds?
  • popartpoem
    Free Member

I’m staying at a mate’s place in Leeds tomorrow night & we’ll be going out for a couple of scoops. The plan is to go out on the trails on Saturday for 2 or 3 hours to work off the hangover (& have fun!) … problem is, we have no idea where the good trails are within 30 mins drive from Leeds … Any ideas?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Depends where in Leeds. Calderdale is 30 mins away if you’re west side/near the M62. North Side, Stainburn and I think theres some riding around Eccup etc.

billysugger
    Free Member

Come to Hebden in the morning, can easily lose a couple of hours then watch some mentalists doing this

Up The Buttress – A Hebden Bridge Hill Climb Event – FINAL UPDATE “The Rules”

with a beer in hand in the aft?

Mugboo

If it’s natural stuff the woods around Apperly Bridge are good fun.

Calverly, Esholt, Spring, Dawson Woods.

Or as we have had lots of rain this week maybe Stainburn is worth a drive.

Sancho
    Free Member

Horsforth, Meanwood, Adel, Roundhay, Esholt, Thackley, Calverley,

If youre staying in the centre of Leeds then dont drive go from the city centre to the canal and head to Esholt from there.

Plus there is a great route back Through Headingley and the university if you like urban tech like stairs and drops and stuff like that.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I’m leading a ride from Mickletown Community Centre, Methley LS26 9JE in the morning RTR 8.30 am
    Anywhere between 18 and 30 miles depending on who’s riding.
    Route takes in Kippax, Garforth, (Aberford/Scholes poss) Temple Newsam etc. Not hugely tech but a few fun bits and all sorts of terrain.

snotrag

steveBbrain – can you mail me please (in profile?) We must live very close by… always good to swap a few routes or hints with other people nearby.

garrypreece
    Free Member

Lots of em round LS 15 area…it’s quality !

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Snotty, have tried to Email you…. bit pissed so let me know if not rec’d.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trails near Leeds?’ is closed to new replies.