Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trails in upper swaledale / tan hill
  • el_boufador

Hello,
    I’m up that way at the weekend and thnk I wil take the bike for a spin,
    Anyoe got any good unmissable trails in the area to share?
    Generally I’m more interseted in technical riding (which in my exerience hasn’t really been as good in the dales than in, say, the peaks), but anything with a bit of interest or challenge would be good (say a flat out rocky blat or some nice singletrack)

happy to link a route together out of bits and pieces, or if you have a good one ready made to share that would be great too.

cheers!

el_boufador

Bump, anyone?

FOG

Most in that area are bog feasts rather than technical. The Pennine Way which heads S. from Tan Hill can be a good ride but again is often boggy. The BW heading SW from just along from Tan Hill is almost always boggy and hard to follow in parts but if you can wade as far as Great Punchard Gill there is a fast stony track down to Arkengarthdale. If you carry on S. towards Gunnerside there are more technical and some fast options. The ride from the Old gang Mines is a real yeeh hah swoop across the moors either past the smelt mill or down towards Blades. For more informed suggestions call in at the Dales Bike Centre nr Reethfor excellent cakes and advice from Stewart.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Dales bikes centre is in reeth, loads of riding out of there. There was a good ride out of men up there some years back too. Not been up that way for a while and its only just starting to dry out down here so would think dbc is your best bet and let them put you onto something dry. http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk

smogmonster

As above, its a bogfest around Tan Hill itself. There is a great bit of singletrack called The Pipeline – ask the DBC about it. Other than that a great techy descent into Gunnerside and also the descent down to Storthwaite Hall from Hurst Moor is a belter.

el_boufador

Nice one, thanks, I will check all those out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trails in upper swaledale / tan hill’ is closed to new replies.