• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trails around Stockport
  • whitleyjohn20
    Free Member

After a number of years off mountain biking, I have started again and was wondering about easy/moderate trails around Stockport/North Cheshire. Something about 7 -10 miles to easy me back in this weekend.

nbt

loads of riding – if you want flat, you can try the Middlewood way, the old railway from marple to macclesfield. If you are a bit more adventurous, go to roman lakes and pick up the route guide they sell for a pound.

If you want to try group rides, we’ve started a mailig list for marple based riding (see my forum profile) or you can try Stockport CLarion, or the shop ride from Bicycle Smithy on Tuesday evenings – you;ll need lights though

whitleyjohn20
    Free Member

Cheers for that. I need something easy to make sure my knees/arms/legs can take it.

nbt

As I said the middlewood way is dead flat. THe roman lakes book has rides of varying lengths and is actually a pretty good introduction. When you’re getting fitter watch out for a marple ride on the forum here, I reckon new year might be a good time for the next one

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trails around Stockport’ is closed to new replies.