Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trailquest on Cannock Chase on Sunday.
  • This one’s a bit different to most, it’s 95% off road on the Chase.
    http://www.midlandtrailquests.co.uk/events-and-results/event-details.php?e=113

A brief explanation for those who don’t know what a trailquest is;
    You will be given a 1:25000 OS map of the area with up to 36 Control Points marked on it.
    You then have three hours to visit as many CPs as possible, choosing your own route.

If you want to have a go, it’s too late to enter on line, but you must still register on line first to get a membership number be able to enter on the day.
    Membership is free.
    On the day entry is £13.

scruff
    Free Member

Can you ask your participants to look up and not ride blindly at other riders / walkers / dogs / horses backsides. Oh, and a smile wouldnt go amiss either.

Enjoy 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

Cheers, I may have a go.

snakebite
    Free Member

I always get the feeling TQ’s are a bit like joggers, they do what they do, but never look too happy doing it.

Keef
    Free Member

will the portaloo buckets be out ?…….. 😈

scruff
    Free Member

What Snakebite did in the one Trailquest bucket was shocking even for his low standards.

firestarter
    Free Member

quite fancy doing one of these next year , is it just kinda like orienteering but on a bike , or have i understood it wrong 😉

jimster
    Free Member

Quite fancy doing the one in Wyre, but I’m away that weekend.

Keef
    Free Member

scruff – Member

What Snakebite did in the one Trailquest bucket was shocking even for his low standards.
    Posted 35 minutes

I heard it was quite ‘artistic’…..

❓ There’s no buckets on trailquests.

Yes, it’s a bit like orienteering except that nobody ever gets to all the control points in the time allowed.
    Generally, the close to home, easy ones are worth fewer points, the far away, up a steep muddy track ones are worth more points.
    It’s up to you to pick a route that scores the most points.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trailquest on Cannock Chase on Sunday.’ is closed to new replies.