Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trailquest around the Wyre Forest next Sunday 5.12.10
  • I’m organising a trailquest in and around the Wyre Forest on Sunday as the last event of the Autumn series
    http://www.midlandtrailquests.co.uk/events-and-results/event-details.php?e=120
    The event will be held over an area of approximately 12x8km, using bridleways and hard tracks in the Wyre Forest and lanes and bridleways in the surrounding area.

Pre entry closes on Thursday night and costs £9.
    On the day entry costs £12
    You will need to be a club member to enter. Membership is only available on line and is free and never needs renewing.

The event is being held at Far Forest Scout Headquarters and all proceeds are going to the Scouts.

jimster
    Free Member

Bugger, I’m down Afan this weekend!!

Will the maps show the cheeky bits? 😉

Definitely no cheeky bits.

What you do in your own time is up to you, but for an organised event I had to get permission to use any track that is not a Public right of Way.

The Forestry Commission put most of their land Out of Bounds, including the Green and Blue family cycle routes, then wanted £50 to use three fire roads and part of Sustrans Route 45 as it crosses their land, so I’m sticking to bridleways in the FC area.

I’ve got permission to use some privately owned or Natural England managed non RoWs, but no singletrack. You should have done the one on Cannock Chase a few weeks ago.

It’s still on, despite the snow.
    All the Control Point markers are in place and we’re ready to go.

We’re taking on the day entries. 😉

grtdkad

See you in the morning. All packed and ready to go! 😀

grtdkad

Great event Graham – many thanks! and conditions to keep us focussed.

Glad you enjoyed it.
    We had 23 solo and 17 pairs on the day. The winner covered about 55km, which is pretty impressive given the road conditions.

Mounty_73

Good event, well done….we enjoyed it !

I should have taken my camera!

timc
    Free Member

I’m going to ride it & not pay entry fee… bit like you & music

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trailquest around the Wyre Forest next Sunday 5.12.10’ is closed to new replies.