Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trailer… alternatives to Ifor Williams..?
  • househusband

Mrs hh has always had IW horse boxes and I’ve been astounded at the quality and resale value. I’m after a small trailer for my car; Hyundai i30 1.4 – limited to 550kg gross unbraked according to the book. Nothing too heavy duty required as we’ve got her 4×4 and the horse box for anything larger/heavier; trips to and from recycling, logs and moving things around.

Can’t see past IW and not particularly interested in the type you can buy in Halfords – any other suggestions..?

the-muffin-man

Brian James Trailers?…

http://www.brianjames.co.uk/

sundaywobbler

Damn, Muffin Man beat me to it.

I use a Brian James for transporting my race car and it is excellent!

Same as IW though resale values are impressive, there is a guy in Wales (can’t remember his name though) who buys all of the orders which aren’t purchased but even then I think you’ll pay more or less retail pricing. I spent a lot of time shopping round and I found no way to get any meaningful discounts.

HTH

househusband

Many thanks guys; they look great but even the smallest is bigger than I need – and about twice as much as the smaller IW’s that I’m looking it!

wors

there is a guy in Wales (can’t remember his name though) who buys all of the orders which aren’t purchased

http://www.trailer-traders.co.uk

There is also Indespension, not sure what the quality is like these days though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh for your intended used id just get a single axel galvanised trailer off ebay – brand new ones on there for about 600 quid. The guy will plate it to what you need

My dads been rocking a twin axel 750kg plated ome for trade use for the last 5 years – heavy use and abuse every day in that period – cost 1k and earned its money many times over.

Its being replaced with an ifor now but for occasional home use id have no qualms in buying one – infact im having his old one when he gets the ifor – the chassis on his is still sound just some of the body needs a bit of tlc with the mig.

Main reason he didnt go ifor at first is because his van was too small to pull the ifor that could fit the size of sheet material he wanted on the flat bottom , has a bigger engined van now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trailer… alternatives to Ifor Williams..?’ is closed to new replies.