• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by was.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 'Traildrop' uppy downy seat post……
  • seavers
    Free Member

Been looking at these for a bit, first became aware of them on here. If you have one how has it been over time?
    I just did the pre-order thing, taking a bit of a chance but can’t really stretch to a GD right now….and being limited to 27.2 this one seemed like a good bet. So how have you found it?

thepodge
    Free Member

Soon as I find a 120mm shim I think I’ll be getting one of these

colournoise

Don’t have a Traildrop, but do have the Forca branded ‘variant’ (IIRC different cable setups).

Has done a sterling job so far (had it about 4 months now). Wasn’t overly impressed at first (was sticky and awkward to use) but a 15 minute service (strip down, clean, regrease, new cable and ghetto boot made from a tube – which you won’t need as the Traildrop comes with a gaiter I thnk?) saw it working really well. Hasn’t missed a beat since.

Mine doesn’t drop that far (85mm or so) but that’s been enough for the level of techy/downhill stuff I ride. It has a bit of lateral play if you grip it and twist but I honestly haven’t noticed that while riding.

Overall, pretty good bang for your buck I reckon. Once mine dies I might well replace it with something pricier but for now it’s doing a good job of holding my saddle in place and sliding up and down when I need it to.

slainte 😀 rob

seavers
    Free Member

Cheers colournoise, yes I have seen the Forca one too…from ebay? As far as I can tell they are pretty much the same thing. Your feedback is encouraging, yeah the traildrop comes with a boot and from what I can tell has gone through a few improvements since being available.

I think the traildrop has a 4 inch drop which is enough..even if I have to service it now and then it’s still a bargain. Having used a mates Reverb I didn’t know what something at this price would be like. The Reverb feels so smooth and the warranty is cracking too!

seavers
    Free Member

Soon as I find a 120mm shim I think I’ll be getting one of these

Think I have a spare one of those if you need one.

toys19
    Free Member

can you get 120mm shims? USE do custom shims, I asked them to do a longer than 100mm one and they said they were v difficult to make..

thepodge
    Free Member

Maybe I need to do some proper maths and work out my exact overlap and go from there

retro83
    Free Member

is the top of the seatpost adjustable enough to face the other way to how Colournoise has it (i.e. cable at the front)?

seavers
    Free Member

Good Q retro83…. I have no idea how to route these things… looks like it might not be so great on a FS in that position. But the other way might not be much better considering it’s cable driven and not air like the Reverb.

Anyone got any ideas?

retro83
    Free Member

according to this post here by weejase40 :

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forca-vario-dropper-seatpost-gravity-dropper-clone-272/page/3#post-3578690

it can go round the ‘right’ way

was
    Free Member

TrailDrop dropper seatpost 27.2 by bigmassive

Hi all, the latest TrailDrop (much larger batch this time) will be back in stock for ordering next week, and all those who pre-ordered will get theirs first.

There’s a couple of minor improvements in TrailDrop over the seatpost pictured above, and the (essential!) boot is included in the price.

Keep an eye on the website / sign up to notifications to hear more 😉

Would be great if those people who have a TrailDrop could post their experiences up here.

Cheers, Will

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘'Traildrop' uppy downy seat post……’ is closed to new replies.