Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Trail/AM 29ers?
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

I rode it with 100mm so 120mm might have been better.

hugor
    Free Member

I’ve ridden one with 120mm 15QR taper fork, 50mm stem, 700 bars and a Reverb post – bonkers fun!

If I wanted to buy a 29 trail bike I would buy a 29 trail bike.
    I wouldn’t buy a 29 xc bike and mod it up to behave like a trail bike.

Do SC warranty their tallboy frames if used with a 120mm fork??

Candodavid
    Free Member

Wish I’d not looked at this thread now, feel a tingling to a quarterhorse.

Terry
    Free Member

What about the Yeti SB95
    Interbike Video

And my own ARI custom made steel frame.

ARI Cycles

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Wish I’d not looked at this thread now, feel a tingling to a quarterhorse.

I nearly pulled the trigger on one but the frame is seriously hefty and they are supposedly bringing out a lighter 120mm version in the near future.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Do SC warranty their tallboy frames if used with a 120mm fork??

Yes, and this was how they were putting their demo bikes out in fact.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I nearly pulled the trigger on one but the frame is seriously hefty and they are supposedly bringing out a lighter 120mm version in the near future.

6lbs for a large steel AM frame with sliders isn’t bad IMO. It ain’t a race bike.

I lifted this from MTBR:

Tubes are made in 853 Reynolds steel, double butted in our specification for us from Reynolds. The tubes are so manufactured, that we don´t have to work with a gusset at the front end of the down tube for example – which is a popular and simple way from our competitors; our way is more expensive for us (we had to buy special tools at reynolds, that they would build our special tubes), but the look and the strength of the down tube is much better in our way. Further, we developed together with Reynolds a special seat tube with a inner diameter of 30,9mm so we don´t have to work with a shim for the seat post. Also the 44mm headtube comes from Reynolds. It is much lighter than the one from paragon we used in the prototypes, but very strong and, yes, it is also very pretty 🙂 .

Weight of the frame: I can not give you an exactly weight yet, because in the prototypes we could not use the headtube and seattube from Reynolds because these were in production. The lighter prototyp in “L” weighed 2.7kg (about 6lbs)

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Trail/AM 29ers?’ is closed to new replies.