• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by bigh.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trail recommendations for 10(1/2) yr old
  • themilo
    Free Member

So, after some advice – Cardiff based.  Just got back from a week in West Wales. Took my lad around one of the lakes which had a dedicated MTB track. Much more technical than I was expecting and he was fab.  He wants me to take him out again on Monday but I really don’t know where to go.  He’s on a Halfords special that’s really more BMX than MTB – fully rigid and semi off road tyres at best.

Had a look at the green at Afan but that looks as though he may find it a bit “lame” – he is typically 10 year old mad when it comes to risk.

I don’t want to put him off with too much climbing or too much “gnar”. Any suggestions please?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Brechfa green / blue trails would be good.. took my 8 year old there last year and she loved it..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brechfa.

Glorious countryside and some great riding on the blue and green trails.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Chalamain gap into the lairig ghru. Defo.

No, seriously.  I’m not sure in that area.  If you head to SW England, the Haldon blue is very nice, the red is ok but short.

North \Wales all the Llandegla stuff would be good

Coed y brenin Minortour and Cwyfly Coch

Marin trail, with a tow rope.

themilo
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a look a Brechfa. Never been so good for me roo!

bigh
    Free Member

One hours travelling to the Forest of Dean, lots of little bits on the verderers and the red trail almost within throwing distance of the centre. To finish you can push up to the brilliant last descent on the verderers, it’s a long push but you will finish on a smile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trail recommendations for 10(1/2) yr old’ is closed to new replies.