Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Trail etiquette – slower riders….
  • muggomagic

Anyway all out in the open now so time to move on

Oh that’s a shame, I was getting some “Team Darkcyan” and “Team CGG” t-shirts made for Thursday night.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Great thread, some proper STW soap opera shizzle going on here

*pulls up chair

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyway all out in the open now so time to move on.

Surely there’s only one way to settle this?

STRAVAAAAA!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smatkins1
    Free Member

Darkcyan, chiefgrooveguru. Only one way to settle this….. Fight Raaaace!

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

The only thing that was missing (from soap opera style drama) was the love angle…is there anything anyone wants to divulge on this part? Surely it must be in there somewhere….

Northwind

The thiiing is… Nobody’s the same speed at everything. So frinstance, me and my mate Peter, he’s faster than me and he jumps better than me but when it gets harder or steeper I’ll leave him for dead. So it’s easy to get false impressions or to misjudge relative pace, it takes a long time to really figure this stuff out. But as the dude behind it’s totally within your control to create a gap if you have to

Paceman
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

I hope this thread doesn’t affect the Thursday rides.

I’ve always found them friendly, a bit competitive in a mates race kind of way but paced to give everyone a chance to ride everything without feeling they’re holding the group up.

Maybe taking this offline and just having a chat in the car park would help avoid any lingering issues. Personally I’d rather people told me I was causing a problem at the time and I think this is really what darkcyan’s concerns are around. A quiet word from Ronnie might have avoided all this.

Completely agree Wwaswas, hope your shoulder is on the mend by the way.

TimP
    Free Member

Shoulder? I thought it was the “other” operation and we would see Lucinda out on the trails soon?

Simonofthepiemans
    Free Member

Please, stay away from Tuesdays.

kbomb
    Free Member

Well that was a good read, shame the youtube video doesn’t work now, for maximum entertainment value.

BrightonMTB are a great group, who are usually really good for newbies, and some of their members do some great trail maintenance (although others claim the trails as all their own work, which makes me laugh).

Goes to show that in any group there will always be someone who is a bit of a tit. Thanks for using an internet forum for to sort out a questionable dispute between what should be friends, please keep it up.

Painey
    Free Member

BrightonMTB are a great group, who are usually really good for newbies

I’ll second that. I tagged along on a Tuesday ride in the summer, a little apprehensive as it was my first ride with them and I kind of turned up out of the blue, last minute decision kind of thing.

Great bunch that I wish I could ride with more often.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Trail etiquette – slower riders….’ is closed to new replies.