Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trail centres near a station….
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend an English or Welsh trail centre within easy reach of a train station ???

grumm
    Free Member

There’s a train station in Betws Y Coed isn’t there? Marin and Penmachno within riding distance.

BigDummy
    Free Member

CyB is riding distance from Barmouth or the halt to the south. Hamsterley is reachable from Darlington or Durham if you’re feeling tough.

bent_udder
    Free Member

CYB is about 14 easy-ish miles from Barmouth railway station, from memory. I’ve got a train up there in the past, and ridden over to Ferndale, close to Ganllywd, to meet friends with a weekend’s worth of kit on my back. That’s 11 miles and a bit of change, then about three miles (from memory) to the trail centre itself:

Clicky.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Thanks Guys, Barmouth for CyB sounds a good option, plus all of barca’s older thread to read through 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Afan is close to Port Talbot station.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Machynlleth has a station as well, IIRC

barca
    Free Member

I did Crosskeys and Cwmcwm. There’s another thread (Mrs Flash is the author I think) with a link to the rules regs. and tips for getting your bike on the trains. I had no hassles but I was traveling outside of peak times. I’ll link to the thread if I can find it.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Machynlleth has a station as well, IIRC

That sound suspiciously Scotchish – too far for a day by train I’m afraid…

hilldodger
    Free Member

There’s another thread (Mrs Flash is the author I think) with a link to the rules regs. and tips for getting your bike on the trains

Thanks, I saw that thread.
    I do bike-a-train quite a lot and have it pretty well sussed…

MrK
    Free Member

Machynlleth is in wales! afan is meant to be easy by train like’s been said. also under ten miles from aylesbury to aston hill

hilldodger
    Free Member

Machynlleth is in wales!

😳 I don’t get out as much as I should 😳

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trail centres near a station….’ is closed to new replies.