Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trail Centres Book
  • DezB
    Free Member

Anyone got this? http://www.v-outdoor.co.uk/products/mountain_biking/mountain_biking_trail_centres_-_the_guide.php

Surprised to see QE Park in there, not really a Trail Centre is it? I see a Trail Centre as somewhere for bikes only…

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I have it. Quite a handy little thing on occasion. I think it classes a trail centre as something with a way marked or purpose built mountain bike trail, although the rules for inclusion seem a little vague, to be honest.

marionheck
    Free Member

I have it, but only got it free cus I have a load of pictures in it. Is a very good book though. Loads of info and maps.

miketually
    Free Member

Is there anyone on the Hamsterley pages riding a blue drop-bar 29er? If there is, it’s me 🙂

stuartm555
    Free Member

i’m in it doing a really pish jump at laggan!

although i’m not sure why anyone would buy a book about trail centres when there’s plenty of websites with all the info you need. and visitscotland have a free guide book which covers most scottish trail centres

james
    Free Member

“although the rules for inclusion seem a little vague, to be honest. “

Is it not just anything and everything that could pass as a trail centre? (being waymarked)
    theres a few websites about with all the welsh and scottish ones in, but its not the same as having a nice piture book you can take with you (not to ride obviously, that would be silly)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just got it for my birthday – seems a good summary of all the dedicated trail centres in the UK (Wales, England and Scotland sections) and some not dedicated, with maps and some nice photos and their website you can download all of the POI’s if you have a sat nav / GPS unit so can assis you in getting there in the car – not read it all yet but seems comprehensive.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have it, there certainly are some spurious entries and a few mistakes. Also, things are fluid and very ad-hock, so it’s immediately out of date, We’re also mostly dealing with FC/FE, who themselves are completely unpredictable and don’t appear to have any central policy. But if you’re travelling around ticking them off then it’s quite useful.

druidh
    Free Member

DezB – Member

Anyone got this? http://www.v-outdoor.co.uk/products/mountain_biking/mountain_biking_trail_centres_-_the_guide.php

Surprised to see QE Park in there, not really a Trail Centre is it? I see a Trail Centre as somewhere for bikes only…

Which would discount Glentress?

djglover
    Free Member

luckily the website lists all the centres, so no need to buy the book.

soma_rich
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres Book’ is closed to new replies.