Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Trail centers near shrewsbury?
  • h4muf
    Free Member

As above,mate’s doing a xc race at shrewsbury in the morning.
    Where could we go after that,other than cannock?

Cheers.

donsimon
    Free Member

Which way are you travelling? To the north and just over an hour away you’ve got Llandegla.
    What and where is the Shrewsbury race?

Klunk
    Free Member

60 miles to Nanty Arian but a slow old drive and long trip home.

h4muf
    Free Member

Travelling from derby so it’s gonna be a long day!
    Thought about going here.

http://www.mtb-shropshire.co.uk/local-area/

LeeW

Give Eastridge a go.

Lucas
    Free Member

If the race is in Eastridge woods stay there and ride round them, maybe extend it a bit around the stiperstones – it’s good round there. Or go to the long mynd. No point travelling further when you have such good riding near the race location

Lucas
    Free Member

It’s surprising quick to get there, A38, m6 toll, M54. I used to do it in 1.5 hrs from Nottingham to visit my Brother in Pontesbury (at the foot of Eastridge woods). Eastridge is great it has several downhill type tracks in it; easily enough to keep you busy for 2-3 hours. As I say you can extend rides on bridleways over the Stiperstones too.

When my brother lived there I was always jealous of him living in such a great place for biking.

Garry_Lager

Long Mynd is good and tracks are pretty obvious in the large part – start from Church Stretton. Think that’s pretty close to Shrewesbury – 15mins or so?

h4muf
    Free Member

Thanks!

josh1982
    Free Member

is nantmwar quarry still there? i used to race dh there. in the 90’s

_tom_
    Free Member

+1 for Long Mynd if you have the time. Much better than a trail centre imo. Not sure if your mate will want to do all that climbing after an xc race though!

h4muf
    Free Member

He’s a racing snake so will be up for it!

Looking forward to it 😀

continuity
    Free Member

CYB?

geologist
    Free Member

Its gotta be eastridge

h4muf
    Free Member

Like a fart he turned up and the race was on sept 4th! Doh!

Did Long Mynd,was quite good!

skeetsgb
    Free Member

thinking of doing long mynd myself, looked at website and reviews. . thinking of staying over there, do a bit of camping. did you use any of the site facilities/shop/cafe/ PUB etc and was the ride worth it.

h4muf
    Free Member

Not really,needed a map to make the most of it.Some great descents and scenery but you have to know where your going!

Not a patch on the peak district imo.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

thanks for that, i might give it a go, try out first time… 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Skeets – i did the Marshbrook round of the CRC Marathon series and it was great! Campsite is small but well equipped, right next to the bike shop and the pub. Pub does a mean steak as well!
    Shop will happily provide you with maps and route guides to the Mynd so it’s all you need, go for it.

blazingbikes
    Free Member

Come down and see us at Blazing Bikes just 2.5 miles south of Church Stretton http://www.mtb-shropshire.co.uk

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Trail centers near shrewsbury?’ is closed to new replies.