Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trail a bikes – what child height can you use them from?
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

As above really, my lads 105cm now and can’t fit in the rear seat without heel/foot interfaces occcuring. The trail a bikes look bigger than his bike and I’m wondering if the seat will go low enough?

Cheers

Rich

stuey
    Free Member

We’ve got a similar problem at 1m our little one can’t pedal -but she can balance on the trailer bike. She gets tired after 1-1/2 miles.

Her 4yrs old brother can pedal – but his weight makes it harder for me.

GW
    Free Member

at that height he should be able to fit a 20″ wheel tag-a-long with the saddle at it’s lowest and the bars rolled back a little, just make sure you get one with siuitably short crank length, some use one piece BMX cranks that are way too long for little kids.

stumpyjon

I’ve had my daughter on a 20″ tag along since she was 90cm or so. SHe had to climb up the frame to get on but was OK when perched, the saddle went low enough for her to get to the pedals and the bars are adjustable (Edingburgh Cycle Coop tag along). She’s 1m 15cm now and I really notice the difference up hill when she’s pedalling. I (and she) love it, topped 35 mph on road and down small drop off with it (social services are mobilising as I write).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trail a bikes – what child height can you use them from?’ is closed to new replies.