Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,058 total)
  • Tractor Trumps – South Glos Rules ;-)
  • matt_outandabout

I stand next to it and take a pic. Why not? Round here you *have* to be into tractors, guns and trials motorbikes, in no particular order. We have ploughing matches here…!

cinnamon_girl

😆 I guess it’s a bloke thing then!

tthew

I thought that one of ‘the rules’ was that your bike had to be in the picture. In which case, I give you a harlequin back hoe loader and my Anthem X3. Some thread resurrection this one!

Brycey
    Free Member

You can imagine my excitement last summer when the missus and I were out with the wee one in her bike trailer and we dropped in to see our pal and his new MF. He was far more interested in my Alpine 160, and insisted my daughter and I went for a spin while he farted about on the bike.

I asked him how fast to go when harrowing and he said “if your head hits the cab roof you’re going too fast.” Classic.

What a day!

redthunder
    Free Member

Can I ask a question? I would love to take pics of tractors but am rather concerned that I could be mistaken for a stalker.

Are you all using powerful lenses or do you hide in a hedge or what do you do?

Thanks.

Don’t be shy 🙂 Just get in there and take the pic 🙂

peasant
    Free Member

P1020818 by zonda200, on Flickr
    This must trump all, exotic tractor !!

40mpg

Was out with my daughter today and we saw a new, shiny Massey Ferguson which I was admiring surreptitiously so not to be outed as a geek.

Thought I had been caught out as my daughter cracks up laughing. Lucky escape for my (limited) street-cred though as it turns out her friend is called…

Maizey Ferguson!!

Guess her dad is a true tractor geek!

mtbmaff
    Free Member

DSC00563 by maffmtb, on FlickrQ
    IMG_1185 by maffmtb, on Flickr
    IMG_1182 by maffmtb, on Flickr
    IMG_1186 by maffmtb, on Flickr

Spotted this group of tractors on the road out of Kamloops to Vernon and my first thought was tractor trumps 🙂
    There were loads of them, some looked as if they’re still in use and others just abandoned.
    I have more photos which are on my Flickr page if you want to look?
    Matt.

Pigface
    Free Member

That PTO shaft is going to kill someone 😥 get a cover on it.

zokes
    Free Member

Im in North Norfolk at the minute so be prepared to be trumped the lot of you

I’m heading out to the field in the next couple of weeks. Will try to get some snaps of the monsters that tend the wheat belt out here 😯

Kuco

Couple in a field I saw today.

Load of tractors and combines working around me at the moment.

Kuco

Old Case with my bike in this one.

redthunder
    Free Member

Loving the above^^^^

From Exmoor yesterday…

Exmoor Mountain Bike Ride by SGMTB, on Flickr

Exmoor Mountain Bike Ride by SGMTB, on Flickr

Muke
    Free Member

Whats with the relatively tiny hopper thing on the back ?

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Always wanted to join in this thread, I even took this picture on holiday just to join in 🙂

I give you a Lamborghini!

redthunder
    Free Member

Today whilst out and about…not on bike.

John Deere Tractor by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_8505 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_8532 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_8533 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member
    Shorty121
    Free Member

Muker – Probably spreading slug pellets.

redthunder
    Free Member

New Holland Tractor by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

and

John Deere Mini Tractor by SGMTB, on Flickr

billyboulders
    Free Member

IMAG0036 by billyboulders@btinternet.com, on Flickr

‘Ellio, ello, ello. 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

@billy

Zetor ? or Z Cars ?

Marko

Ford Tractor (2) by The fruit of the Forest, on Flickr

The local eccentric has loads of old machinery rotting away.

slugwash
    Free Member

Breton beach tractor…..

And buddies….

cinnamon_girl

Chaps – guess what I saw today? A 2013 Tractors calendar – how cool is that? 8)

Now, not too far from me is a John Deere ‘showroom’. Do you think it would be OK to rock up and ask to have a sit on these machines? They can only say ‘no’, can’t they?

Apologies for not photographing any tractors, only have a basic camera so action shots are just not possible!

Kuco

I’m sure they will let you sit in it. Better still ask to take it for a test drive 🙂

timber

Kuco – lovin@ the forestry prep’d dozer. Your green thing earlier is definitely an MB trac, there is one down by Glyncorryg with winch and roof mount timber crane.

So excited to see this thread still going, must update it with some more from work.

SkillWill
    Free Member

_DSC7284 by blacklab62012, on Flickr

_DSC7231 by blacklab62012, on Flickr

_DSC7237 by blacklab62012, on Flickr

From a Guinness World Record Quadtrac occasion! http://www.quadtracrecord.co.uk/

timber

Bit of catch up, we had this in at the beginning of the year

along with this, which was upside-down a week previously

Kuco

Love seeing Harvesters would love to have ago in one, disappointed work wouldn’t let me go to the forestry show this year.

cinnamon_girl

Check this thread later guys – I’ve got loads of pics to post up. 8)

cinnamon_girl

redthunder – eat your heart out!!!

A little C_G pootle turned into the amazing day. As soon as I saw this, my bike was thrown into the side of the trail and I charged into the field.

Wow, I found myself talking to the tractor owners, asking questions, did they mind me taking some photos. Apparently they were practising for a competition tomorrow and fellow tractorists from Dorset and Hampshire would be joining their fellow Wiltshire contenders.

Enjoy. 8)

cinnamon_girl

redthunder – eat your heart out!!!

A little C_G pootle turned into the amazing day. As soon as I saw this, my bike was thrown into the side of the trail and I charged into the field.

Wow, I found myself talking to the tractor owners, asking questions, did they mind me taking some photos. Apparently they were practising for a competition tomorrow and fellow tractorists from Dorset and Hampshire would be joining their fellow Wiltshire contenders.

Enjoy. 8)

Now I plucked up courage to ask whether I could sit inside the tractor and the delightful owner (all of at least 80 years old) asked whether I would like to drive it!!! 😯

I was rather nervous so just sat inside and here it is:

I’m still grinning. 😀

matt_outandabout

So did you drive it?

cinnamon_girl

No cos I’m a wimp. 😳 It was bad enough getting in their way when taking pics. They were all lovely and there was even a lady tractorist. 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

@CG

EPIC!

This thread has gone to a new level :-)))

cinnamon_girl

Lol, glad you approve! 😀

Apparently there will be around 70 tractors tomorrow and some of them actually drive on the road to get there. 😯

Kuco

You should have had ago CG 😀

cinnamon_girl

I know, just overwhelmed with the number of tractors!

May go there tomorrow except I don’t want people to think I’m a stalker. There will be even older machines, some of today’s were 60 years old. 😯

MrOvershoot

CG just bloody go, my father in law collects old tractors and he would talk to a wall all day about them given the chance.
    So the opportunity to talk to a real lady person who showed an interest & take pictures would make his year never mind day.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,058 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.