Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trackstands
  • frankconway

Now much diminished but a great skill.
    Anyone remember Brisan Weeks commentating on Grandstand – protracted trackstands of 30 minutes and more but great to watch.
    The 6 day events are where Hoy, Wiggo, Can, Clancy and co became hardened.

tthew

Anyone remember Brisan Weeks commentating on Grandstand – protracted trackstands of 30 minutes and more but great to watch

Really? Jebus, I can’t think of anything more dull. Did trackside spectators throw empty lager tins at them to make them move on?

A handy skill to have in traffic to save unclipping when waiting at lights and junctions though.

jamj1974

Trackstands are a great skill.  Couldn’t do 30 minutes but certainly 5 is possible for me.

johnx2
    Free Member

Nah, they must be some kind of optical illusion or something, they’re certainly cant be done without a stabilisers, unless you’re on a tricycle.

bob_summers

I can’t do them on an mtb for any longer than several milliseconds, but on the track I’m sure I could do half an hour if I could be bothered.

They’re quite fun to watch in a Marymoor aka longest lap

Merak

I used to think I was bit handy at the trackstanding. Went along to a Rapha Nocturne event a few years ago, there was a trackstand tent.

I thought I’ve cracked this, I was doing alright too until I looked round to see the guy next to me eating a plate of spaghetti, whilst trackstanding.

alpin
    Free Member

“A handy skill to have on the trail…”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trackstands’ is closed to new replies.