Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tracklogs
  • grahamh

Has any ones purchased/updated recently?
    Trying to reach http://www.tracklogs.co.uk
    just returns a “Sorry, the website http://www.tracklogs.co.uk cannot be found.”

Pete

It was there a few weeks ago. Not used the software for a few years, I thought it was very good (apart from the licensing of new maps) much better than Memory Map it was in competition with at the time.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

I was an early adopter but ran out off patience creating my own routes and there seemed be few to upload locally. Use Komoot now.

Premier Icon davidjluk
    Subscriber

Yes Tracklogs is unfortunately no more. It was IMO the most user friendly of the digital mapping interfaces.

If anyone is interested in selling any 25k area mapping disks or swapping then for areas I already own, please message me on this forum and maybe people who invested hundreds of pounds in this company can still derive a few years of benefit from their purchase.

Premier Icon stumpyjon
    Subscriber

I still use it, have the 1:25000 maps for where I live. I suppose with hindsight buying a physical disk that didn’t update for a lot more than the paper map was not a sustainable business model for the internet based future. Shame I quite liked the interface.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

How weird, I just fired up the old xp laptop just to check out Tracklogs today. Pretty sure I’ve still got all the disks and worked out which files you take off the disk for the maps. If the company are no more, I’ll see if I can upload them.

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Oh, that’s a shame. Liked the simplicity of creating routes and there was a useful faq section on their website. Must be at least 15 years I bought England, Scotland and Wales.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

How weird, I just fired up the old xp laptop

I have one of those purely to run Anquet Maps (the original, good, version). Haven’t used it for years. Tend to use cycle.travel now which is not without its irritations.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I suppose with hindsight buying a physical disk that didn’t update for a lot more than the paper map was not a sustainable business model for the internet based future.

This was the OS business model at the time AFAIK.

Subscriber

Wish the OS maps with their mobile download function could be used on my desktop instead of Android etc.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

I have tracklogs explorer 25k site centred map NT 300 450, 40km x 30km peebles/innerleithan and explorer 25k site centred map NX 700 750, 80km x 70km covers most of dumfries & galloway and all 7 stanes, free to who ever wants it – first to pm can have it

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Wish the OS maps with their mobile download function could be used on my desktop instead of Android etc.

Do you know that Bing Maps shows OS maps in both 1:50k and 1:25k?

Premier Icon davidjluk
    Subscriber

Unfortunately uploaded map sectors do not appear to install. The operating software will install from the cloud but then looks for a disk to load the maps. Unless there is a workaround you have to resort to an ‘Old Skool’ disc copy.

Since the company is no more and many people have spent good money on the area maps I cannot see why we should not be able to share discs without infringing the law.

Subscriber

Do you know that Bing Maps shows OS maps in both 1:50k and 1:25k?

I didn’t. Thanks molgrips.

Premier Icon davidjluk
    Subscriber

OS Maps premium works fine on Android but of course you need an annual subscription to get the best out of it.

I have tried all sorts of alternative route planners such as MemoryMap, Komoot, OS Premium, Viewranger and Mapyx but for ease of use nothing IMO comes close to the Tracklogs interface. Even though the maps are 10 years or more out of date, I will keep using it as long as it continues to run on Windows 10.

Only trouble is I saved thousands of MTB Routes in the .TRL format which for safety/backup have to be converted to .GPX files which is a real pain.

Please pm me for area map swaps. Any donated 25k maps gratefully accepted as I will make them available FREE to other Tracklogs customers who have lost out because of their demise.

PJay

Does anyone have a link to download the last version of Tracklogs? I don’t have a copy and only have an ancient version on CD.

beaker2135

Sad but nothing lasts for ever
    I am also looking for a copy of tracklogs3.18
    Would anyone be willing to email me a copy?
    Cheers
    Steve

Premier Icon davidjluk
    Subscriber

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tracklogs-2/#post-11215404

If you PM me I can help out Steve but you may already have had some help on the Sheffied forum.

Premier Icon davidjluk
    Subscriber

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tracklogs-2/#post-11203199

Please PM me and I will try to help.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.