Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tracking Apps?
  • taka
    Free Member

Hi,

anyone got any suggestions for a iphone app that will track and record routes? preferably with a map overlay i know theres strava but i its more cycle and run orientated as i went out greenlaneing the other week and used it now im king of the hill in most of the Dales 🙄

5thElefant
    Free Member

I use Memory-Map, but you could use any app that records a gpx and then display it using Google Earth.

jimster
    Free Member

Map-My-Ride?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PiknMix
    Free Member

Viewranger?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not saying this is the best option but I use Endomondo and then export tracks and upload into OS Getamap on the computer. With a bit of patience you can edit the files by hand too and/or run some apps to reduce track point density if you care (long / multipe routes on Endomondo can have too many data points for OS).

taka
    Free Member

cheers ill have a go with memory map next time ive tried using Veiwranger and Map-My-Ride but ive never managed to get them to work properly

stuarty
    Free Member

Googles my tracks works really well

GrahamS

Are you wanting to navigate or just record your route so you can look at it on a map later?

For the former I use ViewRanger

For the latter I use Endomondo

ViewRanger is pretty good when you want to plan a route on a PC/iPad then upload it to your iPhone to follow when you are out and about. You can pre-download all the map tiles while you are still on wifi so you don’t need a 3G signal while you are “in the field”. You can also set it to alert you when you stray too far from the route you are following.

Endomondo is pretty good if you just want to record your travels then take a look at them later on the website. It will display the route you took on a nice big map along with distance/speed/height etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tracking Apps?’ is closed to new replies.