Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Track Worlds *spoiler*
  • brakes
    Free Member

Chris Hoy – WOW! – master tactician, what an opportunist move and that burst of power at the end. He’s incredible.
    I’ve been without a TV so have been following the news on twitter and the BBC website feeds.
    Great performance by the GB team which sets things up very nicely for the Olympics.
    I so, so wish I’d been able to get tickets…

dabble
    Free Member

that was something else, quality riding.

brakes
    Free Member

no-one interested in track?

scaredypants

“master tactitian” my lily-white ass – good job he can pedal

Stoner
    Free Member

“master tactitian” my lily-white ass

too right! Find a hole and **** it! 😉

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Been a very entertaining champs. The commentary team do get on my tits with their constant focus on the British team and whether events are in the Olympics or not, but thats a small gripe. Truly top notch stuff from Hoy in the Keiran and from the likes of Trott in the omnium.

scuttler

Yeah me. Watched a fair bit over the last few days plus doing jobs around the house with Five Live on the radio followed by a dash to the telly. Really enjoyed it particularly Kenny binning off Bauge in the Sprint (Bauge in absolute bits afterwards) and Hoy’s Keirin today plus the team pursuits earlier on. No tickets for London but no complaints as I’m off to the swimming and athletics.

kilo

Really enjoyed it particularly Kenny binning off Bauge in the Sprint (Bauge in absolute bits afterwards)

Shame it didn’t get past the commissaires, more so as Boardman said the GB team told him if it had gone to a third ride, 10 minutes or so later, Kenny was going to do the same thing again. Bit ambivalent about Bauge and find it a bit odd that the reason for his being stripped of his last title barely got a mention in the commentary.

brakes
    Free Member

“master tactitian” my lily-white ass

I’m not so sure – 2 men leading out, Hoy on Kenny’s shoulder – Kenny will have to go over the other two – Hoy knows that Vanvelthooven will try to push Kenny higher leaving a nice gap for him to cane through. He new this with at least half a lap to go and stayed low waiting for the gap.
    Genius or luck? Either way a blinding result.

TiRed

And if Brailsford doesn’t get a knighthood soon then there is no justice. Irrespective of the Olympics.

Listened on fivelive yesterday and they were discussing reasons for success of cycling. They failed to mention the most important one: BC has a ruthless selection policy that has consistently maintained success.

Stoner
    Free Member

brakes – and then in interview Hoy says “Ive never gone inside before”.

he saw a hole, and drove a wheel into it. The speed at which it happened surely says opportunistic, not strategic.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

And their yet to peak, roll on Olympics!

mikey74
    Free Member

Hoy himself admitted afterwards that it didn’t go to plan and halfway round the last lap he’d decided it wasn’t going to be his day. However, on the last corner he saw the gap and went for it.

It was an amazing move, showing his brilliant bike handling. I’m just a little annoyed they only showed slo-mo replays: it was far more dramatic in real-time.

kilo

djaustin – Member
    They failed to mention the most important one: BC has a ruthless selection policy that has consistently maintained success.

I don’t think that bodes well for Wendy H

MrOvershoot

Tactics or not its been a good watch, wife has even told her sister not to phone her while the cycling is on, not for me but her 😀

Laura Trott winning the women’s omnium was great but Cameron Meyer in the points race was superb even he didn’t know if he’d done it.

brakes
    Free Member

Hoy himself admitted afterwards that it didn’t go to plan

fair enough, didn’t see that.
    there was a lot of chat about him losing his enthusiasm for the sport, but you can see when he wins how much he loves it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Track Worlds *spoiler*’ is closed to new replies.