Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Track Pump Recommendations
  • chevychase

Anyone got recommendations for large volume track pumps?  Mine’s bit the dust.

Something to ping up my tubeless (not got a feeling either way on one of those preload tubes) – want a decent pressure gauge though – digital or not doesn’t matter (if not then don’t want a high *pressure* pump – I’ll never inflate the tyres to high pressure – so a gauge that goes to 300psi is just difficult to read).

I’d rather buy quality that lasts.

Recommendations? 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Joe Blow Pro turned out not to be as reliable as hoped, but will get 160psi on the TT bike.

Got a Lyzene (sp?) frame mounted mini track pump which is excellent, next proper track pump will be a Lyzene.

iainc

I bought a shiny Lezyne one, with a swanky wooden handle, a few years ago. It was rubbish, the head leaked and the gauge was inaccurate. Replaced it in the autumn with a Joe Blow which is much better in function, if not aesthetics!

TiRed

Rennkompressor with a topeak smarthead and an Airshot to seat tubeless. You’ll never need another.

Northwind

Joe Blow Mountain for me. Not the highest quality but basically the fittest for purpose of anything I’ve used, they move  a lot of air. To the point that getting above 40psi is a pain in the bum. I’m too light to get my commuter tyres to 70, I end up having to bounce up and down on the handle 🙂 But that’s not an issue for mountain bikes and is just a side effect of the high volume.

mahalo

i have that Lezyne one with the wooden handle too. the head was useless on tubeless valves where there isnt enough thread to engage with. would be great otherwise, works fine in conjunction with an airshot… but since you hardly need to bother with an airshot any more, i ended up swapping the hose from an old pump that has a push on lever type head on the end and its great now. i have no idea how accurate the gauge is tho but im not really bothered…

a11y

Cheapest Joe Blow (Sport?) works for me. I relegated it to my van when I bought a Jow Blow Mountain, but TBH think I prefer the Sport. Neither will put up a tubeless tyre without very vigorous pump action though.

Topeak digital gauge worth getting separately too.

chevychase

Looking about it seems that most pumps are a little bit sh1t one way or another 🙁

chevychase

C’mon. Are we really saying that there’s not a solid, durable large volume track pump out there?

Capitalism at it’s finest. Producing stuff that is designed not to last… 🙁

Northwind

It’s the same old, Lezyne make stuff that looks and feels amazing but doesn’t work too well, Topeak make stuff that works really well but feels like it came out of a cracker.

ads678

Joe blow sport here as well. It works. Mtb or road tyres. Inflated my tubeless 29er tyres with not too much sweating as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Track Pump Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.