Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Track Hours – Lower Leg Service
  • oikeith

I’d like to do better at keeping to the 50hour lower leg service on my Rockshok Lyriks, I just spent ages adding my bike and forks to Strava and editing old rides to include the bike and fork to use the gear use feature, but it only shows miles, not hours!

A google suggested using Veloviewer but I’d need the pro subscription for this, how are others tracking hours on your suspension to know when the 50,100 or 200 hours service is done? habitually I’ve been a yearly chuck it into the local indie to do full service on each, but am keen to do the 50 hours myself.

reluctantjumper

Look at your average speed for the rides you use that bike for and divide that with the number of miles. Make a note of the figures for 50/100/200 hours in the notes for the components and just keep an eye on the figures. For bikes that are used harder (DH/Enduro) service them slightly early, especially lower service.

SirHC

Pro Bike Garage

You will need to setup bikes on strava, you can then add all the components and service intervals.

philstone

Second for Pro Bike Garage. I’ve set my whole bike up on it – brilliant app.

oikeith

Downloading Pro Bike Garage now, £2.99 doesnt seem too bad to me. Thank you for the recommendation.

mccraque

50 hour lower leg service would have me at it once every month and a half!

ayjaydoubleyou

50 hour lower leg service would have me at it once every month and a half!

how do you count your hours? Any time sat on the bike? If you lock it out and spin up the road should that be counted?
    even back when uplifts were allowed you would likely get less than two hours riding out of your 7 hour day, but my garmin would say that 7 hours accounted for 14% of one service interval.

SirHC

I count the actual moving time, Pro Bike Garage uses the moving time. Roughly equates to every 3 months for lower leg and aircan services (do the dropper at the same time).

One of the EWS/DH suspension techs said the 50hour interval was about right, if anything would recommend more often if you are racing or riding more challenging stuff.

Even when uplifts were allowed, they dont make a huge dent in the total ride time. If I’m doing a week in Inners/Golfie with a couple of uplifts thrown in or a fortnight away, I’ll service the suspension before I go and quite often will be servicing peoples suspension when they complain of arm pump.

My old Boxxers were 25 hours recommended, 10hrs if you fitted the low friction seals! In reality DH bikes see not a lot of use, so not a problem, but two weeks in Morzine and they did start to feel sticky towards the end.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I use pro bike garage, brilliant app. Doing bits of maintenance here and there instead of all in one go every 6 months feels like I’m doing less work on my bike. Good for tracking how many miles things last like chains, cassettes etc.

oikeith

ProBike Garage downloaded, Strava synced and picked up the bikes. Have added the fork, shock and drivetrain. Nearly got carried away to add everything such as tyres down to brakepads but decided against it.

Has let me know I am a lot closer to the 50 hours then I thought too, off to pick up some SRAM Butter and Rockshox Oil so can do it in a few weeks.

dirkpitt74

I’ve installed it – seems really good, I’m overdue a service on my shock though lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Track Hours – Lower Leg Service’ is closed to new replies.