Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tracing stolen bikes owner?
  • alanl
    Free Member

I was in a house today, fixing the heating.
    The Tenants were not the sort of people you would expect to be going out on a MTB.
    So imagine my surprise when I saw a Trek Remedy in good condition in one of the bedrooms.

I have a huge suspicion that this bike didnt get there legitimately.
    Police are very likely to do nothing about it, are there any online sources to see if anyone has posted what they have lost?
    Thanks.

smudgey
    Free Member

You never really know anyones true circumstances though. I have an ex friend who looks like a tramp, and she has 2 houses bought outright. She wears clothes with holes in and is constantly scrounging. You could have just asked them where they rode etc, then you would have seen if they were legitimate or not.

tails
    Free Member

Yeah I keep my bike at my mums house, she definitely doesn’t ride a whyte 909.

k1ngjas
    Free Member

There’s no harm in being suspicious. Worst case is that you’re wrong. Best outcome is that you were right and the bike & owner get reunited and some scumbag gets a firm telling off by the police!

If you go back to the house & the bike is there,see if you can get the frame number. Just dont get caught looking!

If you can, you can check to see if it’s reported stolen on bikeregister or a few other sites that track numbers. Just Google them.

If you get no results, at least you tried.

I’d love to check a few bikes I’ve seen some teenage hoodies sneaking about on. They definitely don’t look like they own them. I’d have to push them off first which kinda gives them a hint somethings up!!

cyclelife
    Free Member

One of the ones stolen from the Trek shop in Fox Valley Sheffield??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tracing stolen bikes owner?’ is closed to new replies.