Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tracer Shock – Advice
  • Mike_T

Guys,

Need some advice from all the SingletrackWorld Tracer1 riders out there.

It’s shock service (RP23 2010) time and I have come up with a few options, need some advice on the way forward:

1. Kashima Upgrade
    2. PUSH upgrade
    3. Swap it out for something a little more plush, say an ISX6.

I ride everything from the Alpujarras(Spain), Lake district to the local muddy woods.

The stock RP23 does blow through it’s travel sometimes and it does feel an bit harsh over the smaller stuff.

I suppose at the end of the day it’s down to the depth of wallet, but would like to improve the rear end to match the Kashima 36floats up front.

Opinions guys much appreciated.

Mike

greeble
    Free Member

just send it off for a full service and get it tuned for your weight and bike. this’ll make the biggest difference.

Swap it out for something a little more plush

sounds like you’ve got it setup wrong.

push is hardly worth it a proper tune will achive the same thing

honourablegeorge

Mike_T – Member

The stock RP23 does blow through it’s travel sometimes and it does feel an bit harsh over the smaller stuff.

Try fitting an air volume spacer – seems to have worked for me.

Mike_T

Huum, so ditch the idea of a new shock and go the tuned route.

Do you guys think the kashima upgrade is worth the £ for the increase in performance?

honourablegeorge

Try the shock spacers – cost you less than 20 quid, they’ll stop you blowing through travel, and you may be able to run lower pressure and get better small bump performance as a result.

craig1975
    Free Member

i ran mine with the ISX6, best thing i ever did, much more plush and active compared to the rp23, which felt very wooden and used to blow through it’s travel… but then i’m probably on the heavier side at 16+ stone

took me a while to get my head around setting the isx6 up though, but once i found the sweet spot, it blow the rp23 out the water, it really comes into it’s own on the fast rough downhill stuff

here’s some helpfull info on it

isx6 setup help

Mike_T

cheers for the advice guys

Had a search over on mtbr, they seem to think the isx6 is the way to go, closely followed by those with deep wallets going for the CCDB Ti coil.

If I’m going to stick with RP23, and there are threads singing it’s praises if you get it tuned correctly, is just that and get it tuned.

A Kashima and/or PUSH upgraded isn’t really going to add much more over a tuned OEM shock from a few I’ve spoken to.

If i remember I’ll post an update on how it turns out.

Cheers for the help boys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tracer Shock – Advice’ is closed to new replies.