Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • Toys and games from your childhood that don't exist now
  • Harry_the_Spider

Chutes Away

TCR

I lusted after these but never got them. The spoilt kid at school did however, and after an hour or two of playing with them realised that they were both a bit crap.

maccruiskeen

I had absolutely 100% completely forgotten about Ghost Castle until i saw that pic

How about Game of Life? Can’t remember much about it apart from their being a spiny thing and buildings and bits of landscape you stuck to the board and funny little pegs (that you’d lose) and little cars. The best thing about the game was it came with toy money in much larger denominations that you got in Monopoly. I just played with the money.

maccruiskeen

Can’t believe Pop Up Pirate is still a thing

Although the google image search was entertaining

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I had chutes away, or one of my grandparents did. My mum brought up a couple of my old board games the other week, Coppit and Sneaky Pete. Our 9yo loves Sneaky Pete. Before Christmas I remembered Kick Off which I played a lot, certainly more than Subuteo.

maccruiskeen

I lusted after these but never got them. The spoilt kid at school did however, and after an hour or two of playing with them realised that they were both a bit crap.

I could have typed those exact words myself. I can’t divorce the memory of TCR from luxurious deep pile carpet and the disappoint of pretty much being a spectator.

maccruiskeen

Hoover fodder

gauss1777
    Free Member

IMHO Mastermind is a great game. I play the app on my phone occasionally.

maccruiskeen

IMHO Mastermind is a great game. I

yeah. But the plastic smelled funny

AlexSimon

I’d absolutely LOVE to play Crossfire again.
    My parent’s wouldn’t let me have it (guns), but I played it in the shop for a few minutes and was absolutely hooked!

I’ve just had a quick look to see if I can find the gun design so that I could 3D print a set, but no luck 🙁
    Go for about £50-70 on ebay

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

So many blasts from the past have awakened memories. (Crossfire trigger-blisters, owch)

No-one for Shoot-A-Spook?

JoeG
    Free Member

Lawn Darts!

Euro
    Free Member

I’d absolutely LOVE to play Crossfire again.

I removed the target ball from it’s plastic housing and stuck it up one of my nostrils. It got stuck 😀

Proper Action Man FTW!

allthepies
    Free Member

I had the Evel Knievel thing up there ^^^ and also TCR 🙂

richmars

This was good, but took too long to wind the tops up between battles.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5nuEwQ4Y1M[/video]

spekkie
    Free Member

All the games with cars and planes looked soooo snazzy on tv and were often soooo kak in real life 🙁

I had the cheap version of Scalectrix, which was an oval of track which had a spring shaped wire running in grooves in th track. You had to glue pins under your cars to hook them on. Rubbish!

Sanny
    Free Member

Tin Can Alley. My neighbour, Michael Ritchie, had it. He was a weapons grade walloper. One time, he hit me over the head with a shoe so I wrestled him to the ground and bit him in the back. Funny how I haven’t thought about that for years until now. 😆

Tank Command. I got it as a pressie when I broke my arm.

Race and Chase – it was great but was a bit temperamental.

Test match – kid of like Subbuteo for cricket fans.

Buckaroo.

Texas Pete.

(Sigh) Happy days eh!

Sanny

Cougar

IMHO Mastermind is a great game.

I’ve still got mine, same box as in that pic.

I don’t think it qualifies for this thread though as I’m 99% sure you can still buy it.

maccruiskeen

Proper Action Man FTW!

Pre eagal-eyes and plastic pants. And whats with having a belt to hold up your undies?

With the rotted off fingers – or even the peg-like stumps when the whole hand had rotted off.

Harry_the_Spider

Mastermind. Great game.

Could never understand why the box had a Bond Villain and his assassin on it though.

Back to the OP. Atari. I wanted an Atari. I never got an Atari.

twonks

I had the Evil Knievel bike and his truck. Evil often used to go on road trip with barbie in both trucks, then jump his bike through the lift up sides of barbies truck. 😆

She was a fair bit taller then him though so got a bit intimidated and just skidded down the road on his side in a cloud of dust.

Also had a TCR set which was very good but a pain in the backside to set up.

One of my favourite although wasn’t really a game, more just a toy.

[video]https://youtu.be/BRTw-ux_Tew[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

TCR was OK if the cars were evenly matched. If you had one that was quicker than the other it was hopeless. Scalextric is where it’s at. I have lots of Scalextric.

jordie
    Free Member

Still got a original Mastermind, hours spent wasted on my fav Astrowars

smogmonster

Loved/Hated Kerplunk! As for Rebound…oh man that brings back memories.

richmars

Re cheap copies of Scalextric.
    I had the Matchbox version, and it was rubbish. The main selling point was that you could use your existing Matchbox cars. You fixed a plastic pin on the underneath, which engaged in a huge spring that was threaded around the track. A motor which a big gear wheel engaged with the spring. It just about worked.
    This video shows how bad it was:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhF3LtUFtQ4[/video]

spekkie
    Free Member

That’s the one I had. Nightmare.

Matchbox did some nice “car carrying cases” and stuff though. Always wished I had one but never did 🙁

MrPottatoHead

No mention of HeroQuest yet. Pretty much an distilled Warhammer but good enough that even my sister played it.

slackalice
    Free Member

Anyone else with this one? I have vague memories of playing it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

We had the Jim’ll Fix It game! 😯

Mastermind I always expected it to be associated with the TV show, but was just a thing with pegs that I never really understood and got bored with.

I’d have said cap guns must be long gone now, but surprised you can still get them.

Still got this one

tartanscarf

Pretty sure I’ve still got my Big Track in the folks loft. Loved that!

richmars

Matchbox did some nice “car carrying cases”

I’ve got one, full of cars.

beefheart
    Free Member

I remember this being way more awesome than it looks now.

SaxonRider

OMG, Rebound! Thanks for posting selkirkbear. You’ve made my evening!

skybluestu
    Free Member

I still have a galaxy invader 1000 too. Still just about works too!

iancity1
    Free Member

Crossfire
    Rebound

Great seeing them again 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Would love to see a robust Buckeroo in say stainless steel.

Great game. Always broke 🙁

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

… and I loved my one of these:

kennyp
    Free Member

Loads of things on here that brought back great memories. I’ll throw another couple into the mix.

Subbuteo rugby. Okay, nowhere near as good as the footie version but still a great game.

Campaign. Brilliant Napoleonic strategy board game.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I also had something very similar to this – you move the cardboad wheel and if you’re unlucky, your player falls down an ‘ole. Can’t remember it’s name. I thought it was Haunted House but maybe not.

I thought Kensington was a good game too.

Stoner
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh to have been a rich kid like Stoner… 😥

I had one of these wind up ones for Yorkshire children.

And that penguins walking up some stairs thing. What was that all about?

EDIT – You can still buy that!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Toys and games from your childhood that don't exist now’ is closed to new replies.